Numerous solutions are employed across the conference. If you recommend one, please let us know so we can post it here.
- Free mobile app through General Council on Finance and Administration using UMCgo by Aware3
- Website Development Grants -- One year free webhosting, domain registration, WordPress training and support.
- UM Communications offers an excellent set of website hosting solutions at www.umcchurches.org These are Wordpress based websites, and include some United Methodist plugins developed by UMCom, along with other selected plugins. Full support is also provided. Two months free website hosting of their $19 mo. package is included with the UMCom online web ministry cours, "Your Church Website: Rethinking Your New Front Door." Cost: Starts at $5 mo./$50 yr.
- Oklahoma Conference UMC Communications Office has prepared this guide for setting up a free church site at www.wordpress.com Cost: Free.
- Google provides free websites with Google Sites, available with either your Memphis Conference Google Business Apps (free to all churches, clergy, organizations and others in our conference), and also available through personal Gmail accounts. Cost: Free.
- Memphis Conference provides each church a web page through the conference web site, and these can be used as interim web sites. For example, here is the page for Trinity UMC in Paducah, Each church maintains their own information on these directory pages through their Local Church Dashboard. Cost: Free.
- Brick River offers Local Church Websites as an integrated extension of our conference website CMS, with completely customized designs. Cost: Starts at $49 mo./$539 yr.
Find a Church Updates
Both the conference and denominational "Find-a-Church" programs make information available to those seeking current information about your church.
The conference "Find-a-Church" page for each church is located on the conference website at www.Memphis-umc.org and provides an information page for each church in the conference. The information on that page is populated from entries in the "Church Info" tab of the Local Church Dashboard. The titles of empty fields are suppressed, so that only fields with entries are displayed. Church location information is used to generate a map for users to automatically get directions. Church photos, contact information, schedule, website, and other information may be added.
Just as important is the denominational "Find-a-Church" page www.umc.org which is used by visitors and those moving into new communities to help them choose a church in the area. To update, navigate to your church page and then click the "Update Church Information" button at the bottom of the page. There are several sections, and many churches use this service as their church website. The entries are checked manually before updates are posted, and then a notification is sent when the update has been approved. Tutorials are furnished to make sure every church gets the most from this service.