Staff & Volunteer Background Checks
Discovering your church’s ministry opportunities has never been easier. MissionInsite provides instant access to community The Memphis Conference of The United Methodist Church and Shepherd’s Watch are working together to enable ministries to operate in a safe and secure environment. The conference’s number-one priority is helping churches, related ministries and agencies protect the people their ministries seek to serve.
The Shepherd's Watch online service provides access to information needed to make an informed hiring or volunteer placement decision. Through use of the Shepherd’s Watch’s screening service, churches, related ministries, and agencies may responsibly manage hiring and volunteer placement and, as a result, reduce the possibility that a child, youth or vulnerable adult will be exposed to harm.
When people are harmed by those working on behalf of the church, they sometimes lose faith in the church community AND resources for ministry might end up being diverted to costly litigation. Background screening is a reliable tool in fulfilling expectations for responsible hiring and volunteer placement and for preserving faith communities and ministry resources.
- Local churches and church related organizations
- District and conference boards, agencies, committees
- Episcopal office, conference and district staff
Registration (Your first time only.)
Key FeaturesShepherd’s Watch offers these benefits to churches and agencies of the Memphis Conference:
- Free activation to Shepherd’s Watch background checking service – currently a $29.99 value
- Compliant background check reports consistent and compliant with Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) guidelines - data, customized forms and regulatory updates
- Efficient on-boarding to Clear Investigative Advantage platform and delivery system - within 42-78 hours
- No minimum orders required
- No monthly billing or usage fees
- Church invoicing or credit card payment options on all orders
- Automation of the data entry for volunteer screening - Volunteers can submit their own information and e-sign the compliant release, avoiding unnecessary personal data exposure
- Dedicated account and customer service representatives – from Clear Investigative Advantage and Shepherd’s Watch teams
- No hidden fees - all packages are flat rate pricing
For Information & Assistance