United Methodists remove trees and debris after storm damage in Tennessee River District
The parsonage for Adamsville First United Methodist Church in Adamsville is among residences and buildings affected by the storm. (Photos by Elyse Bell)
United Methodists are at work this week removing trees and debris after a storm this past weekend caused damage in Decatur, Hardin and McNairy Counties in Tennessee.
These counties are part of the Tennessee River District of the Memphis Conference of The United Methodist Church.
Frank Hartman, disaster response coordinator for the Tennessee River District and a member of Huntingdon First United Methodist Church (UMC), has been leading a six-member team to remove trees and debris, according to Elyse Bell, chair of the Memphis Conference Disaster Response Committee.
Working with Hartman are Cecil Brown-Blooming Grove UMC, McKenzie; Pam Harrington-Paris First UMC; Debbie Hartman-Huntingdon First UMC; Richard Lemonds-Blooming Grove UMC, McKenzie; Jim Robertson-Paris First UMC; and Robert Taylor-Huntingdon First UMC.
- Click HERE to read Oct. 28 story about the widespread storm in the Jackson Sun.
- Click HERE to view more photos on Facebook page of Rev. Earl Dickerson, pastor of Decaturville First and Parsons First United Methodist Churches.
- Click HERE to view more photos on Facebook page of Rev. Amanda Hartmann Westmoreland, pastor of Adamsville First and Mt. Vinson United Methodist Churches.
HOW TO HELP
To volunteer time, equipment, materials or money to help with cleanup, contact one of the following:
- Chair of Memphis Conference Disaster Response Committee - Elyse Bell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Memphis Conference Disaster Response Coordinator - Rev. Robert Craig email@example.com
- Metro District Disaster Response Co-Coordinators - Nigel Bowen NGB1@yahoo.com AND Terry Renoux firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mississippi River District Disaster Response Coordinator - Brian Stahl email@example.com
- Tennessee River District Disaster Response Coordinator - Frank Hartman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase District Disaster Response Coordinator - Brad Colson email@example.com
TO REPORT DAMAGE & NEEDS
To report damage and needs, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Disaster Response Ministry of the Nashville Episcopal Area (Memphis and Tennessee Conferences), click HERE.
~Compiled by Lane Gardner Camp, Memphis Conference Director of Communications