'Mission Focus Day' celebrated by 'United Methodist Women' of St. Paul United Methodist Church
The United Methodist Women (UMW) of St. Paul United Methodist Church in Lakeland, Tennessee, sponsored its 11th annual Mission Focus Day on Feb. 23. (Submitted photo)
By Janice McCallen, St. Paul United Methodist Church
Threat of rain, floods, wind or tornadoes could not prevent the St. Paul United Methodist Church women from participating in our 11th annual Mission Focus Day on Saturday, Feb. 23.
United Methodist Women (UMW) members and friends gathered on this rainy day to “be the hands and feet of Christ” by participating in a variety of mission and outreach projects:
- 18 pillows were made for Golden Cross and the prison ministry
- 7 prayer shawls were crocheted
- 1 afghan was lovingly stitched
- 30 note cards were sent to missionaries, policemen, firefighters and the home-bound
- 47 dozen cookies were baked for the Kairos prison ministry
- 50 jump ropes were crafted for the Operation Christmas Child boxes
- 6 cases of diapers were collected for the “Sweet Cheeks” diapers ministry
- Several men replaced light bulbs and completed other maintenance projects around the church
We were blessed beyond measure to be able to serve Christ in this way. God was definitely present in our work. It is certainly more joyous to give than to receive!
St. Paul UMC is located in Lakeland, Tennessee.