How to help NOW with Hurricane Harvey disaster:
Continue to pray for survivors and responders (their safety and well-being) and all who have suffered loss and/or damage.
Read Bishop Bill McAlilly’s Aug. 28 message on his blog. Click here.
Watch video by United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR). Catherine Earl, Director of U.S. Disaster Response and Partner Relations, shares information about Hurricane/Tropical Storm Harvey and how UMCOR is responding. Click here.
Help fill a truck with cleaning kits (previously called flood buckets and cleaning buckets).
- Cleaning Kit Assembly Instructions (PDF) | Cleaning Kit Instructional Video | Shipping costs
- Deliver to one of the following Memphis Conference locations by no later than noon, Monday, Sept. 11. Feel free to use the closest, most convenient location. CALL FIRST to confirm hours before making delivery OR contact your district office about times.
St. Paul United Methodist Church | 2949 Davies Plantation Rd. | Lakeland, TN | 901-387-0007
Christ United Methodist Church | 4488 Poplar Ave. | Memphis, TN | 901-683-3521
Mississippi River District:
Mississippi River District Office |1382 West Church St, Alamo, TN 38001 | 731-696-4117
Pleasant Valley UMC (Obion Co.) | 1422 Pleasant Valley, Union City, TN | 901-484-9852
Trenton First UMC (Gibson Co.) | 500 S. College St., Trenton, TN | 731-676-2412
McCabe UMC (Weakley Co.) | 215 Hyndsver Rd., Martin, TN | 615-927-9913
(Former) Brownsville District Office | 1489 E. Main St., Brownsville, TN | 731-780-0873
Benton First United Methodist Church | 845 US Hwy 641 Spur, Benton, KY | 270-527-3990
Tennessee River District:
Tennessee River District Office | 24 Corporate Blvd., Jackson, TN | 731-660-1376
Make an online financial donation. Click here for Advance # 901670, United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) U.S. Disaster Response.
Do not self-deploy! Affected areas are not ready to receive volunteers. Wait for invitations to volunteer and mobilize teams.
- Dr. Joe Geary, Memphis Conference Director of Connectional Ministries: firstname.lastname@example.org | 731-664-8480
- Rev. Robert Craig, Memphis Conference Coordinator of Disaster Response Ministries: email@example.com | 731-538-9970
- Sept. 7, The Paducah Sun, Paducah, KY: Helping Harvey clean-up
- Aug. 29, WPSD-TV, Paducah, KY: United Methodists team up to send Harvey victims cleaning supplies
To deploy to Texas or Louisiana to help after Hurricane/Tropical Storm Harvey (or to help following other disasters), individuals must be ERT-trained and possess a current ERT badge. Also, the Memphis Conference must first be invited to respond by the affected conferences. (Do not self-deploy!)
An Early Response Team (ERT) training class is set for Saturday, Oct. 7, at Brownsville First United Methodist Church in Brownsville, Tennessee. CLICK HERE for details and how to register.