5 from Memphis Conference are volunteer marshals & pages at 2019 General Conference in St. Louis
Rev. David Atkinson volunteered as a leader of marshals and pages at the 2016 General Conference in Portland, Oregon (above) and will be doing the same job at the 2019 Special Session of General Conference in St. Louis, Missouri. (File photo by Lane Gardner Camp)
Five individuals from the Memphis Conference are among approximately 150 volunteers serving as marshals and pages during the 2019 Special Session of the General Conference of The United Methodist Church, Feb. 23-26 in St. Louis, Missouri.
After applying online last year and being selected, the group from the Memphis Conference includes (alphabetical order):
- Rev. David Atkinson (clergy) of Collierville UMC in Collierville, TN: LEADER OF MARSHALS & PAGES (1 of 5 leaders)
- Peggy Beasley (lay) of Trinity UMC in Paris, TN: PAGE
- David Hayes (lay) of Dyersburg First UMC in Dyersburg, TN: MARSHAL
- Dakota Hill (lay) of Dyersburg First UMC in Dyersburg, TN: PAGE
- Dr. David Russell (clergy) of Benton First UMC in Benton, KY: MARSHAL
Marshals assist delegates, guests, and staff with seating, checking credentials, providing information, and other duties as assigned.
Pages assist delegates, staff, bishops, members of the Judicial Council and official guests with communication and other needs. They distribute approved materials and deliver printed information.
Marshals and pages are responsible for their own travel and expenses.
~Compiled by Lane Gardner Camp, Director of Communications