Pull up a bowl for Nov. 11 'Memphis Empty Bowls Project' to fight hunger
So why all the fuss? Well, it’s simple. Empty bowls bring awareness to the fact that there are people around us who are hungry. Did you know that Memphis has been cited as both the hungriest and poorest city in our nation? This is the perfect opportunity for churches, businesses, artists and other people in Memphis and the surrounding area to roll up their sleeves and feed some people.
- Mid-South Food Bank
- Food and hunger ministries of St. John's United Methodist Church,
- Community nutritional education program provided by the Church Health Center
- Purchase tickets and attend the event on Nov. 11. [Tickets may be purchased online at www.memphisemptybowls.com or by calling (901) 726-4104.]
- Bid on silent auction items at the event. Many local artists and restaurants have contributed items. See items up for pre-bid on our Facebook page!
- Volunteer to help prepare for the event or serve on the day of the event.
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on to get involved.
- 17 local potters have donated bowls.
- 8 schools are creating bowls.
- Paint a Piece and Seize the Clay are offering a special price to community members who paint bowls to donate to the project.
- 12 local restaurants have donated soup to be served at the event
Thank you to all of the artists, restaurants, schools, and other people and organizations for their many gifts and continued leadership. This event will go a long way toward helping to stop hunger and food insecurity in the Memphis area. Sign up today to attend or help with the event. There’s a bowl with your name on it!
Read more HERE.