Memphis Conference delegation to 2016 General and Jurisdictional Conferences is getting organized
Members of the Memphis Conference delegation to the 2016 General and Jurisdictional Conferences of The United Methodist Church gathered for a meeting Aug. 31 at the Memphis Conference office in Jackson, Tenn. Standing, from left, are Steven Louis Douglas, Jonathan L. Jeffords, Deborah Watlington, Delores Smith, Sky McCracken and David R. Reed. Seated, from left, are Autura Eason-Williams, Elyse Bell, Eddie Bromley and Cynthia D. Davis. Not pictured are Sandra Burnett and Isabelle Dillard. (Photo by Lane Gardner Camp)
UPDATE: Delegation is gathering in Memphis
on Saturday, Feb. 20, 2016
to continue making plans for its work.
The Memphis Conference delegation to the 2016 General and Jurisdictional Conferences of The United Methodist Church had its first organizational meeting at the Memphis Conference office in Jackson, Tenn., on Aug. 31.
The delegation is making plans for its work in 2016, according to Rev. Sky McCracken, first clergy delegate, who conducted the meeting.
The delegation is made up of individuals elected at the 2015 Memphis Annual Conference, May 31-June 3 in Jackson, Tenn. Click here to read balloting results.
Two lay and two clergy members will attend General Conference, May 10-20, 2016 in Portland, Ore. They also attend Southeastern Jurisdictional Conference.
Two lay and two clergy members will attend Southeastern Jurisdictional Conference, July 13-15, 2016 in Lake Junaluska, N.C.
Members of the Delegation
Lay Delegates to General Conference
- David R. Reed, Martin First UMC, Martin, TN – first lay delegate and head of delegation
- Elyse Bell, Paris First UMC, Paris, TN - second lay delegate
- Sky McCracken, Purchase District superintendent and dean of the Memphis Conference cabinet – first clergy delegate
- Eddie Bromley, Milan First UMC, Milan, TN - second clergy delegate
- Sandra Burnett, Lone Oak UMC, Paducah, KY - first lay delegate and first lay alternate to General Conference
- Isabelle Dillard, St. John’s UMC, Memphis, TN - second lay delegate and second lay alternate to General Conference
- Delores Smith, Milan First UMC, Milan, TN – alternate lay delegate
- Deborah Watlington, Lambuth Memorial UMC, Jackson, TN – alternate lay delegate
- Autura Eason-Williams, Capleville UMC, Memphis, TN - first clergy delegate and first clergy alternate to General Conference
- Jonathan L. Jeffords, St. John’s UMC, Memphis TN - second clergy delegate and second clergy alternate to General Conference
- Cynthia D. Davis, Metro McKendree District superintendent – alternate clergy delegate
- Steven Louis Douglas, East Trinity-Beech Bluff-Mt. Pleasant Parish, Jackson, TN - alternate clergy delegate
Email the delegation's secretary, Delores Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-General Conference Video Series
"Conversations About General Conference," a pre-General Conference video series by the Connectional Table launched this month to help inform United Methodist church leaders and General Conference delegates about the 2016 General Conference in May 2016 in Portland, Oregon.
Follow News on Social Media
As 2016 General Conference approaches, the United Methodist News Service (UMNS) will share the latest information on its Facebook page and Twitter feed:
Understanding the United Methodist Connection
See diagram below AND sign up to take a free online course from United Methodist Communications that outlines how General Conference functions and how the work of the body touches United Methodist everywhere.