Lakeshore's 'Color Cup Challenge' ends this month; read how you can participate and help Memphis Conference's camp and retreat ministry
A MESSAGE FROM LAKESHORE CAMP and RETREAT CENTER in Eva, TN...
Lakeshore needs your help! The heart and soul of a place like Lakeshore is the gathering of people for rest and renewal, friendship and worship, but this year, gathering has been impossible. We can’t wait to see everyone again when it is safe, but in the meantime, we need your help to keep the lights on.
We are ending the year with a projected 35% of our intended income, but our fixed expenses are still $50,000 a month, even with no guests -- and that’s after budget cuts and staff reductions. That’s where our church friends come in! We know how much you love this place, just like we do. Let’s protect its future by supporting it today.
One of the all-camp activities we sometimes play at camp is called the Color Cup Challenge. The camp is split into color teams to complete activities and win points. Since you can’t come to camp, we will bring camp to you. We are issuing a conference-wide Color Cup Challenge! Get your color teams ready!
- Red Team: Tennessee River District
- Blue Team: Purchase District
- Green Team: Mississippi River District
- Yellow Team: Metro District
- Orange Team: Tennessee Conference Friends
Here’s how to support Lakeshore:
- Dedicate one Sunday as Lakeshore Giving Sunday, and take up a special offering for camp. Show this special video
- Make a gift from your Sunday School class, youth group or missions committee.
- Send a check from the church to Lakeshore, or make a donation as an individual and be sure to reference the district in the memo!
- Wear your favorite camp t-shirt or your team color and share the challenge on social media. Tag Lakeshore and hashtag your district in the post!
Our goal is to raise $40,000 from our church friends by the end of the year. That’s just $8,000 per team, but if we all come together, it means nearly a month of support for Lakeshore as we hang on during this time. Let the games begin!
MORE INFO: email@example.com