Storm cleanup continues in Tennessee River District
Here is an assortment of photos of storm cleanup work in the Adamsville area. (Submitted photos)
Storm cleanup work in the Tennessee River District of the Memphis Conference continued last week, moving from McNairy County to Decatur County where three jobs that involved removing trees and debris were completed in Parsons.
The late October storm caused damage in Decatur, Hardin and McNairy Counties in Tennessee. On Tuesday, Nov. 19, a team is expected to remove trees and debris in Stantonville in McNairy County.
Frank Hartman, disaster response coordinator for the Tennessee River District and a member of Huntingdon First United Methodist Church (UMC), has been leading teams of volunteers, according to Elyse Bell, chair of the Memphis Conference Disaster Response Committee.
Among recent volunteers were Jim Robertson, Pam Harrington and Frosty Younker of Paris First UMC in Paris, TN; Butch Hatcher of Paris First Baptist Church in Paris, TN; Diane Crawford of Dancyville UMC in Brownsville, TN; Richard Lemonds and Cecil Brown of Blooming Grove UMC in McKenzie, TN; Robert Taylor, Debbie Hartman of Huntingdon First UMC; and Ronnie Fullwood of Shiloh UMC in Shiloh, TN.
Bell expressed appreciation to a Baptist Disaster Relief Team from St. Clair County, AL, for providing motorized equipment to help with cleanup in the Tennessee River District. Those out-of-state volunteers included John Culberson, Dewey Lewis and John Wilcox.
To volunteer in any way (time, money, supplies), contact Frank Hartman at 731-986-4599 or Jim Robertson at 731-407-8748.
Click HERE to read earlier (Oct. 29) story.
HOW TO HELP
To volunteer time, equipment, materials or money to help with cleanup after this or other storms, contact one of the following:
- Chair of Memphis Conference Disaster Response Committee - Elyse Bell email@example.com
- Memphis Conference Disaster Response Coordinator - Rev. Robert Craig firstname.lastname@example.org
- Metro District Disaster Response Co-Coordinators - Nigel Bowen NGB1@yahoo.com AND Terry Renoux email@example.com
- Mississippi River District Disaster Response Coordinator - Brian Stahl firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tennessee River District Disaster Response Coordinator - Frank Hartman email@example.com
- Purchase District Disaster Response Coordinator - Brad Colson firstname.lastname@example.org
TO REPORT DAMAGE & NEEDS
To report damage and needs, email email@example.com.
For more information about the Disaster Response Ministry of the Nashville Episcopal Area (Memphis and Tennessee Conferences), click HERE.
~Compiled by Lane Gardner Camp, Memphis Conference Director of Communications