179th Session: Memphis Annual Conference
SCROLL THROUGH CURRENT INFORMATION. KEEP CHECKING BACK.
Delegate Registration information is at the bottom of this page.
HASHTAGs | #2018MAC | #seeallthepeople | #bettertogether | #AroundMemphisConferenceUMC | #MemphisConferenceUMC
THEME | "See All The People" #seeallthepeople | DETAILS
LOCATION | The Carson Center and Broadway United Methodist Church
- Bishop William T. (Bill) McAlilly
- Memphis Annual Conference Planning Team
- Purchase District Host Committee
- Connectional Ministries staff, led by Director Dr. Joe Geary: 731-664-8480, firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch video by "Chuck Knows Church."
HOTELS | DETAILS
Special rate deadlines run from May 2 through May 28, depending on the hotel.
RESTAURANTS | DETAILS
ADDITIONAL TOURISM INFO | Paducah Convention & Visitors Bureau
OFFERINGS - Make out checks to "Memphis Conference UMC" and designate recipient.
- Mama Lynn Center / Congo Women Arise: Sunday, June 3, laity session AND Sunday evening, June 3, worship
- The Jerusalem Fund: Sunday, June 3, clergy session AND Monday evening, June 4, ordination service ... The Jerusalem Fund is a confidential ministry of the Memphis Conference that provides assistance to Memphis Conference clergy facing short-term financial hardships. The Fund is administered out of the Bishop’s Office. District Superintendents receive requests or may make recommendations for grants. It originated in 1994.
This event takes place Saturday and Sunday, June 2-3, prior to the start of Annual Conference - at Broadway United Methodist Church. May 1 is deadline to register.
Rev. Junius B. Dotson, General Secretary, Discipleship Ministries
Dotson Bio | Dotson talks about "See All The People"
DISPLAY SPACE | DETAILS | Display Request Form
April 30 is deadline while space remains available.
SPECIAL MEAL EVENTS deadlines vary by event
- Monday, June 4 Clergy Women Lunch | DETAILS
- Monday, June 4 Retiree Lunch | DETAILS
- Tuesday, June 5 Lay Servant Lunch | DETAILS
- Tuesday, June 5 Clergy Spouse Lunch | DETAILS
- SEMINARY MEALS | Contact seminary for information.
REGISTRATION: REGISTER ONLINE --- WORD FORM to EMAIL
May 1 is deadline to register.
LANGUAGE TRANSLATION | ONLINE SIGNUP: ENGLISH - ESPAÑOL | DOWNLOAD ESPAÑOL WORD FORM TO MAIL IN
DENMAN AWARD NOMINATIONS | DETAILS
May 3 is deadline to nominate.
RESOLUTIONS & PETITIONS | DETAILS
May 4 is deadline to submit.
AV DEADLINES FOR APPROVED
- Deadline to submit AV media is May 1. Submit to email@example.com
- For media specs, contact Rev. Bill Lawson | firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about approved presenters, contact Robbin McCoy | email@example.com | 731-664-8480
- Live Stream | Details to come
- Social Media | Facebook um_memphisconf | Twitter @UM_MemphisConf | Instagram um_memphisconf
- Mobile App | Find it HERE OR Scroll to bottom of this page for QR code. Friendly suggestion: Download BEFORE you get to annual conference.
- IMPORTANT Message for delegates and visitors: The Memphis Conference Communications Team would like to remind all attendees that all gatherings -- worship, teaching and business sessions -- are being live-streamed. Anything you say is broadcast for the entire world to see if they choose to tune in. Also, with today's technology, there might be others present at the conference recording presentations and business sessions. Please remember to act and speak as if a camera or microphone is in front of you at all times. The worship and teaching sessions will be recorded so they can later be posted on the conference website for viewing and download. The business sessions are live-streamed, but will not be posted on the website. ~ Carla Taylor, Chair, Memphis Conference Communications Team
- XFeb. 15: Deadline for early online request for display space | DETAILS
- April 30: Deadline to request display space | DETAILS
- May 1: Deadline for special hotel rates | DETAILS
- May 1: Deadline to register for childcare | DETAILS | ONLINE REGISTRATION | PAPER REGISTRATION
- May 1: Deadline to register for June 2-3 Youth Annual Gathering | DETAILS
- May 1: Deadline for AV materials from approved presenters | SCROLL UP FOR DETAILS
- May 3: Deadline for nominations for Denman awards | DETAILS
- May 4: Deadline to submit resolutions & petitions | DETAILS
- May 11: Deadline for retirees to RSVP for retiree lunch | DETAILS
- May 11: Deadline for delegate pre-registration | INSTRUCTIONS IN ENGLISH | INSTRUCCIONES EN ESPAÑOL
- May 23: Deadline to register for June 5 clergy spouse lunch | DETAILS
- May 25: Deadline to request language translation assistance | ONLINE REGISTRATION: ENGLISH - ESPAÑOL | DOWNLOAD ESPAÑOL WORD FORM TO MAIL IN
- May 28: Deadline to register for June 4 clergy women lunch | DETAILS
- May 31: Deadline to make reservation for June 5 lay servant lunch | DETAILS
PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING DATES
10 a.m. to Noon - Broadway United Methodist Church, Paducah, KY
- XOct. 30, 2017
- XJan. 25, 2018
- XFeb. 22, 2018
- XMarch 22, 2018
- April 19, 2018
- May 10, 2018
- ALL lay and clergy delegates (even those who might not attend) should pre-register.
- Deadline to pre-register is Friday, May 11. If you miss the May 11 deadline, print form, complete it, and bring it when you check in.
- If you need childcare or Spanish language translation, scroll down for links to that information.
- Begin with important instructions for delegate pre-registration.
INSTRUCTIONS IN ENGLISH | INSTRUCCIONES EN ESPAÑOL
- Sunday, June 3, 2 to 5 p.m., Carson Center Lobby. Find your district table. (NOTE: Clergy and Lay Sessions are from 3:30 to 5 p.m. on Sunday, June 3. Clergy delegates will meet at the Carson Center. Lay delegates will meet at Broadway United Methodist Church. Van service will be available between the Carson Center and Broadway United Methodist Church for those who want to park at the Carson Center.)
- Monday, June 4, 7:30 a.m. to noon, Carson Center Lobby. Find your district table.
- Any delegates who arrive after check-in tables have closed on Monday will have to locate their district superintendent or the conference secretary to check in and receive voting credentials.
or scan the QR code to download
Memphis Conference MOBILE APP
or scan the QR code to download
with 2018 Annual Conference materials and information.
Friendly suggestion: Download BEFORE you get to Annual Conference.