2015 Memphis Annual Conference, Jackson, TN
Sunday, May 31, 2015 to Wednesday, June 3, 2015
Click HERE to read summary article.
Click HERE to read 2015 clergy appointments.
- Click HERE to read about delegates elected to represent Memphis Conference at 2016 General and Jurisdictional Conferences.
- Click HERE to read article about Denman Evangelism Award winners.
- Click HERE to read article about children's activities.
Click HERE to read Connectional Ministries Team (CMT) report.
Click HERE to read Board of Lay Ministry report.
Click HERE to read Youth Address.
Click HERE to view Photo Gallery.
SCROLL DOWN to find Video.
PRECONFERENCE INFORMATION:>ANNUAL CONFERENCE VENUES in DOWNTOWN, JACKSON, TN:
- Carl Perkins Civic Center, 400 S. Highland (between S. Liberty St. and Taten St.) AND
- Jackson First United Methodist Church, 200 South Church St.
register online OR download paper registration. Click here to begin. Online registration deadline was May 18.
>LIVE STREAM: Click here. (Due to technical difficulties, services from Jackson First UMC will not be streamed. This includes Sunday's memorial service and Monday's ordination service. These two services are being recorded and will be accessible at a later date. Events and worship services from the Carl Perkins Civic Center are being streamed live as planned.)
>WORSHIP SERVICE BOOKLET: 36-page PDF document (This document will be included in delegate bags.)
>AGENDA (schedule of events): 4-page PDF document as of 5-29-15 (This document will be included in delegate bags.)
>RESOLUTIONS and PETITIONS: 7-page PDF document (This document will be included in delegate bags.)
>STREAMING AND SOCIAL MEDIA | DETAILS | LIVE STREAM
>VISITOR GUIDE to Jackson, TN: Click here
>HOTELS - Special rates and blocks ended May 1
>OFFERINGS: All offerings other than the two occasions listed below for the Jerusalem Fund will go to
Imagine No Malaria in support of the $1 million goal of the Nashville Episcopal Area.
- Celebration planned for last day of 2015 Memphis Annual Conference, Wednesday, June 3. Wear RED! | DETAILS
- Executive Clergy Session on Monday, June 1, at 8:30 a.m. in the sanctuary at Jackson First UMC
- Ordination Service on Monday, June 1, at 7 p.m. in the sanctuary at Jackson First UMC
- Bishop William T. (Bill) McAlilly of the Nashville Episcopal Area that includes the Memphis (West Tennessee and Western Kentucky) and Tennessee (Middle Tennessee) Conferences will preach at the morning worship service on Monday, June 1, at the Civic Center.
- Bishop Larry M. Goodpaster of the Western North Carolina Conference will preach at the ordination service on Monday evening, June 1, at Jackson First UMC.
- Dr. Cynthia Davis, Metro McKendree District Superintendent, will preach at the afternoon service on Tuesday, June 2, at the Carl Perkins Civic Center.
- Rev. Larry J. Daniel will preach at the memorial service on Sunday, May 31, at Jackson First UMC. Daniel currently serves Lexington First UMC in Lexington, Tenn., and is retiring at this annual conference.
- Session I on Tuesday, June 2, 8:15 a.m. – An Unexpected Perspective
- Session II on Tuesday, June 2, 9:30 a.m. – “Well” People
- Session III on Wednesday, June 3, 8:10 a.m. – Why Her? Why Me?
>EXHIBITS AND DISPLAYS: | DETAILS
- GRACE PLACE UMC: will be selling merchandise | DETAILS
- COKESBURY BOOKSTORE: lower level of Civic Center | DETAILS
to be elected during 2015 Memphis Annual Conference (bio document as of 4-17-15) | DETAILS
>LAITY BANQUET: TICKETS SOLD OUT
“1 of the 72 – Is God calling your congregation?” with Bishop Bill McAlilly
and Sue Engle, Memphis Conference Intentional Discipleship Action Team Leader
and pastor of Trinity UMC in Paducah, Ky., on Tuesday, June 2, at Jackson First UMC. | DETAILS
>RETIREE LUNCHEON: Monday, June 1, Clayton Hall, Jackson First UMC | DETAILS
>CLERGYWOMEN LUNCH: Monday, June 1, Family Life Forum Classroom, Jackson First UMC | DETAILS
>CLERGY SPOUSE LUNCHEON: Tuesday, June 2, Clayton Hall, Jackson First UMC | DETAILS
>BOX LUNCHES & SNACKS | Box lunches will be available on Monday and Tuesday, June 1 and 2. Order online. | DETAILS
>LAMBUTH HERITAGE ROOM TOURS: Sunday, May 31, and Tuesday, June 2, at University of Memphis Lambuth Campus | DETAILS
>YOUTH ANNUAL CONFERENCE - IGNITE: May 29-31 at Jackson First UMC | May 22 deadline to register | DETAILS
>CHILDREN'S ACTIVITIES: Nursery and Kids Camp at Jackson First UMC | May 8 deadline to register | DETAILS
>CHARGING STATIONS for electronic devices: Look for signs!
- XMarch 20 is deadline for leaders of boards, committees, agencies and related institutions to submit reports for preconference briefing materials for 2015 Memphis Annual Conference
- XMarch 31 is deadline to nominate delegates to 2016 General & Jurisdictional Conferences (to be elected during 2015 Memphis Annual Conference)
- XApril 30 is deadline to submit online form to request display and exhibit space
- XApril 30 is extended deadline for submissions for 'young people's address'
- XMay 1 is deadline to submit resolutions and petitions
- XMay 4 is deadline for nominations for 'Denman Evangelism Awards'
- XMay 8 is deadline to sign up for activities for children (nursery and kids camp)
- XMay 11 is deadline for materials to include in bags for delegates
- XMay 15 is deadline to submit Instagram "shoe selfies"
- XMay 15 is deadline to sign up for 'clergy choir'
- XMay 15 is extended deadline to register for language assistance (sign language, Spanish language)
- XMay 18 is deadline for lay and clergy delegates to register
- XMay 22 is deadline for youth to register for May 29-31 Youth Annual Conference (IGNITE)
- XMay 27 is deadline to make reservation for June 2 clergy spouse luncheon
- XMay 28 is deadline to sign up for June 1 clergywomen's lunch
- XMay 31 is deadline to order box lunches (online) for Monday and Tuesday
- Materials Requiring Action (28-page PDF document as of 4-23-15)
- Consent Agenda (Reports) (40-page PDF document as of 4-14-15)
- Late-Received Report (2-page PDF document posted 4-20-15)
- Slate of Nominees for delegates to 2016 General and Jurisdictional Conferences
to be elected during 2015 Memphis Annual Conference (PDF bio document as of 4-17-15)
- 2015 is 175th anniversary of Memphis Conference (175th anniversary | 176th session)
- WHAT IS ANNUAL CONFERENCE ANYWAY? | Chuck will explain it to you.