MEMPHIS ANNUAL CONFERENCE
(West Tennessee and Western Kentucky)
The United Methodist Church
- Click Here for April 2 announcement about why 2020 Memphis Annual Conference was moved from June to September.
- Click HERE for July 16 explanation about plans for a virtual Memphis Annual Conference in 2020.
ONE-DAY VIRTUAL ANNUAL CONFERENCE
8:30 a.m. Opening Worship | 4:30 p.m. Closing Worship
SATURDAY, SEPT. 26, 2020
There is no onsite meeting location for the 2020 Memphis Annual Conference. This will be a fully virtual conference. It will be live-streamed via the Memphis Conference Facebook page.
All voting members will participate online. Voting codes will be emailed by GNTV (virtual conference provider) to all clergy and lay voting members. Any delegate who does not have an email on record OR if it has recently changed should contact his/her district office. Clergy delegates will receive different voting codes for Clergy Session and Annual Conference Session.
VIRTUAL CLERGY SESSION
It will be held via Zoom Webinar (before Annual Conference) on Thursday, Sept. 3, at 2 p.m. All clergy may join webinar, but not all clergy may vote.
Voting clergy must join one training session on use of Zoom Webinar and voting procedures prior to the Clergy Session:
- 10 a.m., Wed., Sept. 2
- 5 p.m. , Wed., Sept. 2
- 1 p.m., Thur., Sept. 3 - for last-minute trouble-shooting before Clergy Session begins at 2 p.m. It is important for clergy (voting and non-voting) to join one of two trainings on Sept. 2.
Leader training for Clergy Session will take place at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 3.
Clergy who do not have Internet access at office or home should make arrangements with a friend or family member to use their connection to participate in the training and the session. Attendance may be by smartphone, tablet or computer. Clergy who speak during session can be heard by all attendees, but will not appear on camera. All clergy eligible to vote will receive a personal, private voting code from GNTV (virtual conference provider) via email (US Mail if no email.)
Questions? Contact your DISTRICT OFFICE.
SERVICE OF LICENSING, COMMISSIONING & ORDINATION
- By-invitation event (not open to the public due to COVID-19 & social distancing requirements)
- Saturday, Sept. 12, 3 p.m.
- Will be live-streamed via Memphis Conference Facebook page
- Will be recorded and posted to Memphis Conference website for later viewing
- Order of Worship | 13-Page PDF
DEADLINES - Keep checking back for new and revised deadlines.
- XMarch 15: Deadline to request display space | Due to revised virtual format, display space will not be offered this year.
- XMarch 20: Deadline to enter hymn writing contest
- XApril 1: Deadline to submit resolutions
- XApril 20: Deadline to register historical artifacts for display | Due to revised virtual format, historical artifacts will not be displayed this year.
- Aug. 28: Deadline for delegate registration | CLICK HERE TO REGISTER | Because the annual conference is virtual, this is the only place to register.
- Sept. 4: Deadline for nominations for Denman Evangelism Award | DETAILS
- Aug. 28 is deadline for lay and clergy delegates to register.
- All lay & clergy delegates (even those who might not participate) should register.
- Instructions for virtual format & link to REGISTER
DELEGATE BUSINESS MATERIALS - More to come. Check back.
- 2020 Boards of Directors | DETAILS (22-page PDF) | Replacement page 2 for Hannah's Hope DETAILS
- Consent Agenda Table of Contents (2-page PDF) | CMT Ministries (4-page PDF) | Agencies & Ministries (6-page PDF) | Lay Ministries (4-page PDF) | Campus Ministries (7-page PDF) | Seminaries/Colleges (7-page PDF) | Affiliated Ministries (4-page PDF) | Pension and Health Benefits (5-page PDF) | 2021 Special Days (3-page PDF)
- Reports for Consent Agenda received after deadline (and therefore not listed in Table of Contents): Memphis Conference Relief Association | Equitable Compensation Commission
8:30 a.m. Opening Worship | 4:30 p.m. Closing Worship | Detailed agenda to come
>Tornado Survivors: Recovery efforts continue in hard-hit Nashville and surrounding area of the Future Tennessee-Western Kentucky Conference from March 3 tornado activity. | DETAILS
>The Jerusalem Fund: This is a confidential ministry of the Memphis Conference that provides assistance to Memphis Conference clergy facing short-term financial hardships. Begun in 1994, the fund is administered out of the Bishop’s Office. District Superintendents receive requests or may make recommendations for grants. Make checks payable to "Memphis Conference UMC, designate "Jerusalem Fund" and mail to Treasurer's Office, 24 Corporate Blvd., Jackson, TN 38305 OR DONATE ONLINE.
RETIREE RECOGNITION & PASSING THE MANTLE
Will be part of Clergy Wellness and Pensions report on Sept. 26.
Will be part of Sept. 26 agenda
Winning hymn & author will be revealed on Sept. 26 | DETAILS
CHRISTIAN/HOLY CONFERENCING GUIDELINES
All delegates should read, understand & follow | DETAILS
- Laity session
- Exhibits & displays
- Meal events
- Parking/shuttle service
- Hotel offerings - If you booked a hotel room in Germantown, TN, before the decision was made to have a virtual conference, you must cancel your own hotel reservation.