MEMPHIS ANNUAL CONFERENCE
(West Tennessee and Western Kentucky)
The United Methodist Church
ONE-DAY VIRTUAL ANNUAL CONFERENCE
SATURDAY, SEPT. 26, 2020
There is no onsite meeting location for the 2020 Memphis Annual Conference. This will be a fully virtual conference. It will be live-streamed via the Memphis Conference Facebook page.
All voting members will participate online. Voting codes will be emailed by GNTV (virtual conference provider) to all clergy and lay voting members. Any delegate who does not have an email on record OR if it has recently changed should contact his/her district office.
Clergy & Lay Delegate Trainings
- XWednesday, Sept. 23, 5 pm
- XFriday, Sept. 25, 11 am
NEW INFORMATION as of Aug. 24: Clergy who receive voting codes for the Clergy Session on Sept. 3 will use the same voting codes for the Annual Conference Session on Sept. 26.
VIRTUAL CLERGY SESSION - Completed
XIt will be held via Zoom Webinar (before Annual Conference) on Thursday, Sept. 3, at 2 p.m. All clergy may join webinar, but not all clergy may vote.
Voting clergy must join one Training Session on use of Zoom Webinar and voting procedures prior to the Clergy Session:
- X10 a.m., Wed., Sept. 2
- X5 p.m. , Wed., Sept. 2
- X1 p.m., Thur., Sept. 3 - for last-minute trouble-shooting before Clergy Session begins at 2 p.m. It is important for clergy (voting and non-voting) to join one of two trainings on Sept. 2.
XLeader training for Clergy Session will take place at 10 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 3.
Clergy who do not have Internet access at office or home should make arrangements with a friend or family member to use their connection to participate in the training and the session. Attendance may be by smartphone, tablet or computer. Clergy who speak during session can be heard by all attendees, but will not appear on camera. All clergy eligible to vote will receive a personal, private voting code from GNTV (virtual conference provider) via email (US Mail if no email.)
Questions? Contact your DISTRICT OFFICE.
SERVICE OF LICENSING, COMMISSIONING & ORDINATION - Completed
- Read summary story and view photos
- VIDEO: Service of Licensing, Commissioning and Ordination
- XSaturday, Sept. 12, 3 p.m.
- XLive Stream Link: https://youtu.be/
- Order of Worship | 13-Page PDF
- This is a by-invitation event. It is not open to the public due to COVID-19 & social distancing requirements.
DEADLINES - Keep checking back for new and revised deadlines.
- XMarch 15: Deadline to request display space | Due to revised virtual format, display space will not be offered this year.
- XMarch 20: Deadline to enter hymn writing contest
- XApril 1: Deadline to submit resolutions
- XApril 20: Deadline to register historical artifacts for display | Due to revised virtual format, historical artifacts will not be displayed this year.
- XAug. 28: Deadline for delegate registration | CLICK HERE TO REGISTER | Because the annual conference is virtual, this is the only place to register. Unregistered clergy & lay delegates will not be able to vote on Sept. 26. No registrations accepted after Aug. 28.
- XSept. 4: Deadline for nominations for Denman Evangelism Award | DETAILS
DELEGATE REGISTRATION - Now closed
- REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
- XAug. 28 is deadline for lay and clergy delegates to register.
- All lay & clergy delegates (even those who might not participate) should register.
- Unregistered clergy & lay delegates will not be able to vote on Sept. 26. No registrations accepted after Aug. 28.
- Instructions for virtual format & link to REGISTER
DELEGATE BUSINESS MATERIALS - Keep checking back for additional materials still being added.
- 2021 Budget Ask | SUMMARY (1-page PDF)| DETAIL (6-page PDF)
- Council on Finance and Administration (CFA) | REPORT (3-page PDF)
- Future Tennessee-Western Kentucky Conference Materials: Proposed Structure, Proposed Benefits, Recording of Aug. 25 Zoom Webinar for Delegates | DETAILS
- Board of Trustees | REPORT (1-page PDF)
- Nominations | REPORT (16-page PDF)
- Eight (8) Organizing Motions (2-page PDF)
- Resolution for Office Space Study and Sale of Conference Property (1-page PDF)
- Resolution for Current Appointments of Officers, Agencies, Boards and Other Officers to Continue Through Dec. 31, 2021 (1-page PDF)
- Resolution regarding Continued Progress Toward Future Tennessee-Western Kentucky Conference (2-page PDF) | Proposed Structure Graphic (1-page PDF)
- Resolution appointing Joint Distributing Committee (3-page PDF)
- Three (3) Resolutions submitted to Conference Resolutions Committee (6-page PDF)
- Resolution from Cabinet for Charge Line Changes (1-page PDF)
- Resolution from Cabinet for Closures, Discontinuances & Mergers (3-page PDF)
- 2020 Boards of Directors | DETAILS (22-page PDF) | Replacement page 2 for Hannah's Hope DETAILS (1-page PDF)
- Consent Agenda Table of Contents (2-page PDF) | CMT Ministries (4-page PDF) | Agencies & Ministries (6-page PDF) | Lay Ministries (4-page PDF) | Campus Ministries (7-page PDF) | Seminaries/Colleges (7-page PDF) | Affiliated Ministries (4-page PDF) | Pension and Health Benefits (5-page PDF) | 2021 Special Days (3-page PDF)
- More Consent Agenda (reports received after deadline and therefore not listed in Table of Contents): Memphis Conference Relief Association (1-page PDF) | Equitable Compensation Commission (4-page PDF) | Commission on Archives and History (2-page PDF) | Board of Ordained Ministry Report (4-page PDF)
>Tornado Survivors: Recovery efforts continue in hard-hit Nashville and surrounding area of the Future Tennessee-Western Kentucky Conference from March 3 tornado activity. | DETAILS | DIRECT GIVING LINK
>The Jerusalem Fund: This is a confidential ministry of the Memphis Conference that provides assistance to Memphis Conference clergy facing short-term financial hardships. Begun in 1994, the fund is administered out of the Bishop’s Office. District Superintendents receive requests or may make recommendations for grants. Make checks payable to "Memphis Conference UMC, designate "Jerusalem Fund" and mail to Treasurer's Office, 24 Corporate Blvd., Jackson, TN 38305 OR DONATE ONLINE.
RETIREE RECOGNITION & PASSING THE MANTLE
Will be part of Clergy Wellness and Pensions report on Sept. 26.
All retirees were invited to submit retirement letters/statements, but not all did. The following three (3) retiring clergy submitted letters/statements:
Will be part of Sept. 26 agenda
Winning hymn & author will be revealed on Sept. 26 | DETAILS
CHRISTIAN/HOLY CONFERENCING GUIDELINES
All delegates should read, understand & follow | DETAILS
- Entire One Day Session (6 hours, 58 minutes, 30 seconds)
- Anti-Racism Coalition
- Board of Ordained Ministry
- Denman Award Recognition
- GBGM Bicentennial
- Global Ministries
- Global Mission Fellows: Mission Moments
- Golden Cross Senior Ministries
- Hannah's Hope
- Memorial Service
- New Conference Report
- Praise for Gathering
- Retiree Recognition
- Worship Services
- Laity session
- Exhibits & displays
- Meal events
- Parking/shuttle service
- Hotel offerings - If you booked a hotel room in Germantown, TN, before the decision was made to have a virtual conference, you must cancel your own hotel reservation.
- Bishop William T. (Bill) McAlilly
- Delores Smith: 731-664-8480, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Germantown United Methodist Church Staff and Host Committee
- Metro District Staff
- Connectional Ministries Staff
- Click Here for April 2 announcement about why 2020 Memphis Annual Conference was moved from June to September.
- Click HERE for July 16 explanation about plans for a virtual Memphis Annual Conference in 2020.
The mobile app has been freshly updated and is available in Google Works and Apple App stores as "MAC-UMC." New content regarding this year's Virtual Annual Conference will be provided as available. Please search and download the mobile app for your device. Note that the previous iOS version may be deleted if you have that on your device.