Memphis Cares 2, Crump Stadium, Memphis, TN
Sunday, April 7, 2019
MEMPHIS CARES 2
Uniquely Memphis, A Call for Justice
Sunday, April 7, 3 p.m. Memphis, TN
Crump Stadium, 305 S. Cleveland St.
This metro Memphis gathering with roots in the pivotal days following the death of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., on April 4, 1968, is spearheaded by Voices for Justice in the Mid-South (VFJM), founded in 2017 by Dr. Mark Stansbury and Dr. Mark Matheny, retired Memphis Conference elder.
Our ongoing purpose is to help bring justice where there is injustice, in the faith-based spirit of Dr. King. Last year, during MLK Week, VFJM sponsored a successful recreation called "Cathedral to City Hall," reminding Memphis of the march by clergy to confront Memphis Mayor Henry Loeb on the day after King's assassination. We hope to build on the momentum of that experience and let the caring in Memphis not only be recognized, but multiplied." ~ Matheny
- Dr. James M.Lawson
- Suzannah Fisher Ragen, daughter of the late John T. Fisher
- Booths for enrolling in voluntary service
- Fellowship among a wide variety of faith community laity and clergy and all people of good will
- Facebook Page - Voices for Justice in the Mid-South
- Dr. Mark Matheny at email@example.com or 901-428-4633
- Dr. Mark Stansbury at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Suzannah Fisher Ragen at email@example.com