180th Session | June 2-4, 2019(Note revised end date. Previously it was June 5.)
Location: Collierville United Methodist Church
PRE-CONFERENCE DEADLINES More to come. Check back.XMarch 15 - Display Requests | DETAILS
XApril 3 - Resolutions & Petitions | DETAILS
April 30 - Nominations for delegates to 2020 General Conference | DETAILS
April 30 - Room reservations for meal events (space is limited: first come/first served) | Email group size & other details to firstname.lastname@example.org
May 1 - Approved AV Items | Email items, inquiries, etc. to email@example.com
May 1 - Registrations & payments for Youth Annual Gathering | DETAILS
May 10 - Nominations for Denman Evangelism Awards | DETAILS
May 10 - Pre-Registration for Lay & Clergy Delegates | Scroll down for instructions
May 14 - Reservations & payments for Black Methodists for Church Renewal Lunch | DETAILS
May 15 - Reservations & payments for Laity Lunch | DETAILS
May 15 - Reservations for Retiree Luncheon | DETAILS
May 17 - Final headcounts for catered meals at church | Email firstname.lastname@example.org
May 20 - Registrations for childcare (nursery & kids camp) | Word Form | PDF Form
May 27 - Reservations for Lay Servant Luncheon | DETAILS
- Memphis Conference Outreach Agencies/Ministries: The offering will be divided equally among the Memphis Conference's seven outreach agencies/ministries: Hannah's Hope Adoption and Pregnancy Counseling, Lakeshore Camp and Retreat Center, Memphis Conference Disaster Response Ministry, Project Transformation, Reelfoot Rural Ministries, United Methodist Neighborhood Centers and Western Kentucky United Methodist Family Services. Churches are encouraged to receive an offering at home and bring that offering to Annual Conference. Make checks payable to "Memphis Conference UMC" and designate "Outreach." This offering will be received during Sunday evening worship service and Monday morning laity session.
- The Jerusalem Fund: The Jerusalem Fund is a confidential ministry of the Memphis Conference that provides assistance to Memphis Conference clergy facing short-term financial hardships. Begun in 1994, the fund is administered out of the Bishop’s Office. District Superintendents receive requests or may make recommendations for grants. Make checks payable to "Memphis Conference UMC" and designate "Jerusalem Fund." This offering will be received during Monday morning clergy session and Monday evening ordination service.
INFORMATION FOR LAY & CLERGY DELEGATESDelegate Orientation Video | for ALL lay & clergy delegates - returning delegates & first-time delegates | 6 minutes | CLICK HERE
Christian/Holy Conferencing Guidelines | All delegates should read, understand and follow these guidelines | DETAILS
Keypad Voting: For the first time, the Memphis Annual Conference will use keypad voting devices for the election of 2020 General Conference and Jurisdictional Conference delegates. Click HERE for keypad voting instructions in PowerPoint. (PDF Version). This is a Power Point document that should be viewed and/or printed before arrival at annual conference. If a delegate needs assistance reading or downloading the file, they should contact their church pastor/office and/or district office. Questions? Email email@example.com
- All lay and clergy delegates (even those who might not attend) should pre-register.
- Deadline to pre-register is Friday, May 10. If you miss deadline, print form, complete it, and bring it when you check in.
- If you need childcare or Spanish language translation, look elsewhere on this page for links to that information. If those are not yet posted, please check back.
- Begin here with instructions. This will lead to links for online and paper pre-registration. ENGLISH | SPANISH
- Sunday, June 2, 2 to 4:30 p.m., Narthex, Collierville United Methodist Church. Find your district table.
- Monday, June 3, 7:30 a.m. to noon, Narthex, Collierville United Methodist Church. Find your district table.
- Late Arrivals: Any delegates who arrive after delegate check-in tables close on Monday will have to locate their district superintendent or the conference secretary to check in and receive voting credentials. Because this can be difficult in the midst of the busy agenda, delegates are strongly encouraged to arrive during the scheduled check-in times so they can be ready to perform their delegate responsibilities.
Delegate Business Materials - It is each delegate's responsibility to arrive at Annual Conference with these materials organized in whatever form works best for them to perform their duties -- print or electronic. If assistance is needed printing or preparing these materials, a delegate should contact her church/pastor and/or district office. Scroll down to "Technical Communications" section for information about the mobile app which will provide access to these materials.Action Items
- 2020 Budget | DETAILS
- 2020 Budget Summary | DETAILS
- Policy Recommendations from Council on Finance & Administration (CFA) | DETAILS
- More to come. Check back.
- Amended bylaws for United Methodist Foundation for the Memphis and Tennessee Conferences | DETAILS IN WORD | DETAILS IN PDF
- More to come. Check back.
INFORMATION FOR CLERGY More to come. Check back.Robing instructions for Service of Licensing, Commissioning, Ordination, Fixing of Appointments and Sending Forth at 7 pm on Monday, June 3, in sanctuary. Participating clergy will gather at 6:30 pm in the gym (Coats Hall) to “robe up.” Security will be provided during the service. Clergy may wear a robe or alb. Please wear a red stole. More info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Stream | All sessions at Collierville United Methodist Church, except the laity and clergy sessions on Sunday, June 2. Check back for link.
- Social Media | Facebook um_
memphisconf | Twitter @UM_MemphisConf | Instagram um_memphisconf
- Hashtags | | #2019MAC | #bettertogether | #AroundMemphisConferenceUMC | #MemphisConferenceUMC
- Mobile App | Find it HERE Friendly suggestion: Download BEFORE you arrive.
- IMPORTANT Message for delegates and visitors: The Memphis Conference Communications Team reminds all attendees that most all sessions are being live-streamed for people all over the world to see/hear. Also, with today's technology, there might be others around you making recordings. Remember to act and speak as if a camera or microphone is on you at all times. The worship sessions will be recorded and later posted to the conference website for viewing and download. The business sessions are live-streamed, but will not be posted to the conference website. ~ Carla Taylor, Chair, Memphis Conference Communications Team
What is Annual Conference? | Watch video by Chuck Knows Church
- Bishop William T. (Bill) McAlilly
- Memphis Annual Conference Planning Team
- Metro District Host Committee
- Collierville United Methodist Church Host Committee
- Connectional Ministries staff, led by Director Dr. Joe Geary: 731-664-8480, email@example.com