At Table: United Methodists Seeking a Way Forward (retreat), Northside UMC, Jackson, TN
Friday, April 13, 2018 to Saturday, April 14, 2018
Special Retreat Invitation
The work of the Commission on a Way Forward is on the minds of many if not most United Methodists. The questions we have about their upcoming proposal and the subsequent response of the called General Conference (Feb. 23-26, 2019, in St. Louis, MO) are causing anxiety throughout our connection. Lay and clergy leaders are looking for assistance in navigating this challenge.
This event is now "at capacity." Anyone who registers will be placed on "wait list."
With the blessing of Bishop Bill McAlilly, resident bishop for the Nashville Episcopal Area that includes the Memphis and Tennessee Conferences, a group of clergy representing
- Methodist House of Studies at Memphis Theological Seminary
- Orders of Elders and Deacons and Fellowships of Local Pastors (Memphis & Tennessee Conferences)
- Turner Center for Church Leadership
- Boards of Ordained Ministry (Memphis & Tennessee Conferences) ...
A retreat to explore the issues and concerns pastors, laity and local churches have regarding the Commission's work. This retreat, At Table: United Methodists Seeking a Way Forward, focuses on assisting pastors and lay leaders in discerning how to help their churches navigate the numerous issues related to the Commission’s work.
1. Experience and model healthy and helpful conversation on the issues facing us
2. Share imagination and techniques for conversations in our local churches
3. Review the latest information on the Commission's work and the schedule of events leading to the called General Conference
- Memphis Conference: Friday & Saturday, April 13 - 14, Northside United Methodist Church in Jackson, TN. We will begin gathering at lunch time on Friday and conclude by 3 p.m. on Saturday.
- Tennessee Conference: Friday & Saturday, April 20 - 21, Donelson Heights United Methodist Church in Nashville, TN. We will begin gathering at lunch time on Friday and conclude by 3 p.m. on Saturday.
Each participating pastor will need to bring a spiritually mature lay person from his/her congregation to the event in order to provide support and shared learning to take back to their church.
COST & REGISTRATION
- There is NO COST.
- A minimum of .5 CEU will be available for pastors upon completion of the retreat.
- We have a limit on the number of churches and people who can participate.
- This event is now "at capacity." Anyone who registers will be placed on wait list.
- CLICK HERE to register and let us know why this event could be helpful to you and what questions you would like to see addressed.
This event is now "at capacity." Anyone who registers will be placed on wait list.
Email Dr. Tom Laney of the Turner Center for Church Leadership | email@example.com