DISASTER RESPONSE MINISTRY - Nashville Episcopal Area (Memphis & Tennessee Conferences)
Coordinator: Rev. Robert Craig
To report damage and needs OR to volunteer time, equipment, materials or money OR inquire about training opportunities, email email@example.com
Disasters come in many forms.
Mostly they are weather disasters: loss, damage and evacuations due to high winds, tornadoes, floods, fires, earthquakes and more. Sometimes they are human-caused disasters.
The Nashville Episcopal Area Disaster Response Ministry stands ready to assist when and where help is needed – inside its borders (Middle and West Tennessee AND Western Kentucky) and outside its borders when and where possible.
In the event of any disaster, take care of yourselves and neighbors first and then work out from there.
Volunteer your time, materials, equipment and money if you are able.
The Nashville Episcopal Area (Memphis and Tennessee Conferences) has volunteer teams available to assist.
MEMPHIS CONFERENCE DISASTER RESPONSE TEAM
- Chair of Memphis Conference Disaster Response Committee - Elyse Bell firstname.lastname@example.org
- Memphis Conference Disaster Response Coordinator - Rev. Robert Craig email@example.com
- Metro District Disaster Response Co-Coordinators - Nigel Bowen NGB1@yahoo.com AND Terry Renoux firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mississippi River District Disaster Response Coordinator - Brian Stahl email@example.com
- Tennessee River District Disaster Response Coordinator - Frank Hartman firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase District Disaster Response Coordinator - Brad Colson email@example.com
United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), a ministry of The United Methodist Church, is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to alleviating human suffering around the globe. UMCOR's work reaches people in more than 80 countries, including the United States. It provides humanitarian relief when war, conflict or natural disaster disrupt life to such an extent that communities are unable to recover on their own.
UMCOR's goal is to assist the most vulnerable persons affected by crisis or chronic need without regard to their race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. United Methodists believe all people have God-given worth and dignity.
Learn more about UMCOR at www.umcor.org.
For instructions about assembling relief-supply kits for UMCOR, visit www.umcor.org/UMCOR/Relief-Supplies.
To donate to UMCOR or one of its many relief projects around the world:
- Place a contribution in the offering plate at a local United Methodist Church.
- Send a check to UMCOR, 458 Ponce De Leon Ave. NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30308
- Call 1 800 554 8583 where credit card donations are accepted.
- Donate online at www.umcor.org by clicking any of the "DONATE" links.
UMCOR is exempt from tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of the United States and qualifies for the maximum charitable contribution deduction by donors.
PRAY for those who are hungry, displaced, sick, or in poverty because of these and other natural and human-made disasters, and for the workers who minister with them.
CURRENT MEMPHIS CONFERENCE RESPONSE EFFORTS & TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
Visit the home page carousel and events section of this website OR email firstname.lastname@example.org