Director of Children's Ministry
Contact: Vickey Hobbs
Organization: St. Luke's UMC
Address 1: 480 S. Highland St
City: MemphisState: TN 38111
Phone: (901) 452-6262
Summary: The Director of Children's Ministry will join laity and staff in a team ministry for our diverse faith community, while providing vision, oversight and leadership for a comprehensive children's ministry that includes nursery through 5th grade. Currently this is a part time (20 hours) per week.
1. Design, plan, participate in, and lead all children’s ministry processes, programs and activities for an effective, year-round ministry, including managing the ministry's budget.
2. Recruit, manage and train teachers and select/order supplies and curriculum for children's activities (Sunday School, Children's Church, and Sunday evening program).
3. In coordination with the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry; be familiar with, facilitate meetings, recruit volunteers, and organize training related to the church’s “Safe Sanctuary Policy”.
4. Evaluate current ministries’ programs and activities for their effectiveness/timing and provide a vision for future ministry opportunities.
a. Vacation Bible School
b. Easter Egg Hunt
d. Fall Festival
5. Coordinate Promotion Sunday with the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
6. Recruit leadership for the Children's Council and provide guidance and input as needed.
7. Communicate the needs, experiences, and results of the ministry with the children’s parents and congregation through relevant channels, such as, but not limited to:
a. church staff meetings
b. church council meetings
c. church Epistle and website and parent’s newsletter
d. other appropriate avenues
8. Lead or coordinate volunteers to lead Word and Wonder in worship.
9. Coordinate upkeep of Sunday Worship Bags.
10. Liaison between St. Luke’s UMC and the St. Luke's Day School and Challengers After School programs and the St. Luke's Nursery program. As liaison, conduct weekly Chapel for St. Luke’s Day School.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the St. Luke’s pastor and SPRC chairperson.
Education and Experience: The Director of Children's Ministry will have a Bachelor's Degree in a related field or appropriate experience that will be considered by the SPRC hiring committee.
Send your resume to SPRCChair@stlukesumc.org