Area Gleaning Coordinator for West TN
Contact: Kelsey Miller
Organization: Society of St. Andrew
Address 1: 701 Gallatin Pike S
City: NashvilleState: TN 37115
Job Description: To assist in coordinating gleaning efforts, activities and events for the Society of St. Andrew (SoSA).
Duration of Contract: June 1, 2019 to November 30, 2019
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and recruit growers, gleaners and hunger-relief agencies in the Northwest TN area. This includes, but is not limited to, the counties of: Madison, Stewart, Houston, Humphreys, Benton, Carroll, Henry, Weakley, and Montgomery.
- Organize and execute gleaning events at least once or twice a week during the summer and fall seasons.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Coordinate the transportation of produce from gleaning events to feeding agencies.
- Supervise gleaning events to ensure the safety of participants and respect for grower’s property.
- Communication responsibilities:
- Provide clear instructions to gleaners, answering any questions about program and provide follow up information. This includes assuring liability waivers are signed.
- Keep the growers informed of activities and results from gleaning events.
- Keep accurate records of all gleaning events and provide to Program Coordinator a monthly report.
- Keep in regular contact with SoSA staff, expressing achievements, opportunities and problems.
- Communicate well with all third party agencies to support continued relationship-building.
- Hours available based on produce availability and growing seasons.
- Rate of pay is $ 9.00 per hour.
- Expected hours per week: 15 (average). Not to exceed 450 total hours during contract period.
- Position requires working Saturday during gleaning season and (occasionally) Sunday for church visits.
- This is a part time position. Federal, State taxes and Social Security will be withheld. Mileage for events will be reimbursed at $0.42/mile up to $900.
- All employment positions at the Society of St. Andrew are classified as “at will” positions within the context of employment law. Acceptance of a job offer with the Society of St. Andrew does not constitute a formal employment contract for any fixed period of time. The employment relationship can be terminated by either the employee or employer at any time while complying with the policies of the personnel manual. SoSA will conduct a background check upon your acceptance of this offer.