Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Contact: Rev. Dr. Brad Thomas
Organization: Scenic Hills United Methodist Church
Address 1: 2847 Pembroke Road
City: MemphisState: TN 38128
Immediate job opening for a Part-Time Administrative Assistant at Scenic Hills United Methodist Church.
Requirements: Excellent skills in written and verbal communication, coordination, organization, planning, and computer usage.
This is a salaried position, 16-20 hours per week, with flexible hours - generally Monday through Thursday, 8:30am -12:30pm.
Will be hired by the Staff Parish Relations Committee and will report to the Pastor. Will also work collaboratively with other staff and church/committee members.
- General administrative duties
- Creating worship bulletins, other programs, and newsletters, as well as annual reports as they relate to the church, pastor, and conference
- Paying bills, apportionments, and payroll
- Answering incoming calls and emails, responding to correspondence, and sending thank-you notes to donors
- Maintaining an orderly office and filing system
- Managing church calendar and facility use
- Keeping up with church supply inventory and orders of curriculum
Experience in church office administration, Microsoft Office, Apple products, and Publisher is preferred.
Scenic Hills UMC is a small but vibrant church community with a warm congregation and a dedicated staff. Located in Raleigh, Scenic Hills has a robust history of touching lives, praising God, and building community for over 60 years. Join our team to help continue this good work!
To apply, please email your resume to Rev. Brad Thomas at email@example.com.