Contact: Shelby Ruch-Teegarden
Organization: Collierville UMC
Address 1: 454 W Poplar Ave
City: ColliervilleState: TN 38017
Summary: The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple who possesses strong interpersonal and nurturing skills. Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Children's Ministry, this position cares for children in our nursery and provides a loving and inviting atmosphere for both the parents and the children. This position also requires a person who holds a strong interest in the overall well-being and spiritual growth of children, ages birth through preschool, and is willing to serve and work with others in a team ministry setting.
- Before children arrive in a room, make sure the room has been properly cleaned and free of any debris that could be of harm to a child.
- Prepare any lesson and materials prior to the arrival of children so your full attention can be on the children.
- Meet and greet all parents or guardians to ensure the transition into the nursery is as pleasant as possible for both parents and child.
- Help parent or guardian with the Planning Center check-in process.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment while caring for the spiritual growth and physical needs of each child.
- Never leave any child unattended.
- Follow Safe Sanctuary policies at all times.
- Instruct children in proper hygiene and toileting.
- In case of an incident, inform the Associate Director of Children's Ministry so they may speak to the parents regarding the occurrence, and fill out an incident report to be on file in the nursery, and to be given to parents at pickup
- Consult with the Director of Nursery if you are experiencing behavior issues with a child.
- Keep area picked up during any care time to keep children from having accidents.
- If providing a snack, clean surface area and dry for serving the children (check for all allergies prior to dispensing food).
- Make the Director of Nursery aware of any health concerns regarding a child that need to be addressed with the parents.
- Maintain complete confidentiality regarding children, families, and staff.
- And the end of a care session, make sure all items are put away back into their proper storage areas.
- Nurturing Skills
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Childcare Skills
Work Environment: This position operates in a professional church environment and age-appropriate ministry environments. The range of work requires adaptability and may require routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position will require the individual to be on the floor at times with children. There will be lifting involved to care for the children. Employees are required to wear gloves during assistance with restroom and changing station. Employees are also required to change gloves after each child and wash hands. If serving food gloves are also to be worn. Cellphones are prohibited during care unless you need to dial 911 for an emergency or text the Director of Nursery for assistance in the room.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a part-time position and hours varies. Days and hours of work are will be worked out and agreed upon with the Director of Nursery Ministries and based upon the needs of the church.
Preferred Education or Experience: Two or more years of experience in a similar work-related field.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume to Shelby Ruch-Teegarden (email@example.com), including relevant work experience, why you're interested in this position, and two (2) references.