Director of Student Ministries
Contact: Lance Leeds
Organization: Marion, Ilinois
Address 1: 1201 North Fair Street
City: MarionState: IL 62959
Marion Aldersgate UMC
Director of Student Ministries
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Supervises: Volunteers that work in the area of student ministry.
Summary of Position: Rebuilding the student ministry. This person will be in charge of the development of a Jr/Sr High ministry. Delegation of the specific oversight of programs and events will be encouraged and expected.
It is expected that the person serving in this position will function in a way that reflects a commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and a dedication to a life of integrity and authenticity.
- Provide vision, leadership, direction, and oversight in the area of student ministries.
- Oversee the development of relational ministry in student ministry.
- Create a team-based ministry.
- Exceptional communication with parents.
- Disciple and guide all volunteers (adult and students) working within these ministry areas.
- Evangelical outreach to students in our community.
- Build community by organizing discipleship-oriented events (e.g., Beulah Youth Institute, camping trips, mission trips, FCA, or similar events at Director’s discretion).
- Facilitate mission education and awareness.
- Oversee Jr./Sr. High Sunday Schools, Wednesday night programming, and other student ministry offerings.
- Delegate specific tasks as appropriate (and develop staff and volunteers to whom delegation is possible).
- Model and teach the spiritual gift of hospitality.
- Teach, model and mentor obedience to Scripture and a Christian worldview.
- Oversee student ministry communications through social media.
- Strengthen student families.
- Invest in the Kingdom beyond the walls of Aldersgate UMC.
- Regularly attend staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Be a committed, born again, Spirit-filled Christian with a strong personal relationship to Jesus Christ.
- Committed to a Wesleyan understanding of faith.
- The ability to share his/her faith with others.
- The ability to recruit & train volunteer workers.
- The ability to cast vision.
- The ability to assist in developing new areas of ministry.
- Be a gifted leader and a team player.
- Exhibit a genuine passion for working with people within the local church and community.
- Be willing to learn and grow in the position.
- Have some basic counseling skills.
- Have skills in organization, administration, and in building a student ministry from the ground up.
- Deep commitment to Jesus Christ, discipleship and evangelism.
- Gifts of leadership, teaching, administration, encouragement.
- Passion for student ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree in ministry-oriented major (e.g., Youth Ministry, Biblical studies).
- Commitment to relational ministry.
- Experience working with students (6th grade and up).
The position is considered full time and is a salaried position.
Commensurate with experience
Send cover letter and resume to:
1201 N. Fair
Marion, IL 62959
Or email: email@example.com