Contact: Fekecia Gunn
Organization: Memphis Theological Seminary
Address 1: 168 East Parkway South
City: MemphisState: TN 38104
ADMISSIONS ASSOCIATE (RECRUITER)
Memphis Theological Seminary
168 East Parkway South, Memphis, TN 38104 | (901) 334-5887
Job Title/Position: Admissions Associate/Recruiter Date: March 3, 2020
Type: Full-Time (Salaried, Exempt)
Department: Office of Admissions/Enrollment Services
Report to: Director of Enrollment Services
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to flgunn@MemphisSeminary.edu
- Assist with the strategic development and coordination of recruiting efforts for the Master of Divinity (M.Div.), Master of Arts in Christian Ministry (MACM), and Doctorate of Ministry (DMin) degree programs and all certificate programs at Memphis Theological Seminary (MTS).
- Assist the Director of Enrollment Services with strategic planning for the development, implementation, and evaluation of a recruitment strategy.
- Identify and recruit potential students for enrollment at MTS.
- Counsel prospective and current applicants on the admission process and opportunities at MTS through in-person recruiting events (often requiring travel), campus visits, in-person meetings, telephone calls, texts, and emails, among other means of regular correspondence.
- Assist in the management of ongoing strategic communications with colleges, judicatories, conferences, prospective students, and mentors, including calls, visits, emails, campus events, etc.
- Assist in the development and distribution of promotional materials about MTS academic programs.
- Assist with the planning and execution of New Student Orientation, Preview events, MTS Welcomes events, and other programs designed for recruitment.
- Coordinate and contribute to the successful execution of prospective student visits to our campus and other programs targeting prospective applicants to MTS.
- Represent the Office of Enrollment Services at events and functions, particularly with colleges, universities, judicatories, conferences, graduate fairs, alumni events, and other related venues with the ability to recruit potential students for MTS.
- Evening and weekend hours will be occasionally required.
- Perform other tasks as needed as part of the work of the Office of Enrollment Services at MTS.
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to communicate professionally verbally and in writing
- Self-starter, proactive, entrepreneurial
- Can work well on a team
- Creative problem-solver with strategic thinking abilities
- Familiarity with theological education and/or appreciation of church life
- Ability to understand and appreciate the various academic programs at MTS
- Technological proficiency for basic office software, our database program, and other programs as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- The department is especially interested in candidates with professional experience in college recruiting, orientation, student life, or related work
- Familiarity with theological studies
This job description reflects Memphis Theological Seminary’s best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications for the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodations. This not intended to be a contract.