Organization: Calvert City UMC
Address 1: 571 Oak Park Blvd
Address 2: PO Box 128
City: Calvert CityState: KY 42029
Job Summary: The Youth Director is the spiritual leader for all youth ministries in the church. The Director should both embody and give leadership to the mission, vision and values of Calvert City United Methodist Church. Ministry among youth in grades 6-12 in this congregation is a vital witness to faith and an integral component of ministry and worship to the life of this congregation. A person who leads the youth ministry will have faith in Christ, the desire to share the love of God through relational ministry with youth and their families, the ability to teach the scriptures of the Old and New Testament, and a willingness to be open and honest about faith and life.
The Youth Director position shall be considered a part time (10-15 hours per week) salaried position with monetary compensation given in consideration for the time required to oversee the entire youth ministry of the church.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and give leadership to all youth related activities.
- Organize, give leadership to, and participate in youth mission/service projects.
- Use various forms of media to communicate all events and activities.
- Prepare recommendations for youth budget.
- Participate in United Methodist District and Conference sponsored youth camps, programs and activities with the youth.
- Recruit, train and lead adult volunteers for youth ministry.
- Visit, when possible, youth and their families in their personal settings to include individual relationships and counseling of youth as needed.
- Develop, evaluate and/or recommend curriculum for adult servant leaders and instructors.
- Develop and maintain a procedure for tracking youth attendance and visitation follow-up.
- Create and maintain open and adequate communication with parents of youth.
- Create and integrate youth activities as part of the overall ministry of the church.
- Actively seek and engage in youth ministry and/or church leadership training events.
- Develop and lead an operative Youth Council.
- Actively lead and participate in Youth Council meetings as needed.
- Manage necessary forms of background checks among volunteers.
- Implement and adhere to safe sanctuary policies, including updated training and certification of volunteers.
- Report schedule of activities for church wide publication.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
- Possess sufficient sight, manual dexterity and mobility to effectively accomplish the job responsibilities.
- Background check and safe sanctuary training every two years.
- Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) and works closely with Pastor
Please send in cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org