Project Transformation Development Coordinator
Contact: Carrie Sherrill
Organization: Project Transformation Tennessee
Address 1: 3625 Midland Avenue
City: MemphisState: TN 38112
POSITION: Development Coordinator
LOCATION: Memphis, Tennessee
POSITION SUMMARY: Consistent with the mission and values of Project Transformation, and reporting to the Director of Development while working closely with the Director of Memphis Programs and other members of leadership, the Development Coordinator is primarily responsible for researching, drafting, editing, and submitting grant proposals and reports, as well as overseeing the implementation of Memphis area fundraising.
This position requires daily, weekly and monthly responsibilities that must be complete in a timely manner.
- Identifies and researches new potential funders. Obtains, reviews, and interprets grant guidelines to determine alignment of our mission with grant goals.
- Develops annual calendar of prospective grant submissions.
- Develops grant proposals and letters of inquiry to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- Drafts compelling grant reports in compliance with grantor guidelines and deadlines, working in partnership with program staff as necessary.
- Maintains and updates PT’s profile on LIVEGIVEmidsouth and other giving platforms.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of all fundraising efforts, with particular focus on that of the Memphis area, ensuring that the financials needs of the organization are met.
- Oversees the planning of all Memphis fundraising events, including the Benovon-based annual Partners in Transformation Luncheon; this involves planning as well as highly-detailed and organized project management and execution. Assists with strategy around events including communication.
- Maintains donor records to ensure that information is accurate with up-to-date gift history, contact details, and other relevant data. Logs incoming revenue and donations. Provides regular reporting to Director of Development.
- Cultivates the relationships of current Memphis-area donors and directs stewardship strategies to ensure donor retention at all levels. Identifies and develops relationships with new individual donors, foundations, and corporate donors; conducts proactive, ongoing prospective and research activities to collect information about donors and prospective donors that is helpful to the organization’s fundraising efforts.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIRMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree plus 2-5 years experience in development or related field.
- Strong interpersonal, telephone, written, and presentation skills including public speaking.
- Ability to represent Project Transformation’s mission and programs to donors and volunteers; poised and comfortable in relating to a variety of people in multiple settings.
- Skilled at relationship building.
- Problem solver, self-starter who is well organized, methodical, and detail oriented.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, manage multiple projects, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Proficient at Salesforce and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to embrace and integrate Project Transformation’s core values into his/her work practices.