Parents Day Out Teacher
Contact: Megan Warren
Organization: Colonial Park UMC
Address 1: 5330 Park Ave
City: MemphisState: TN 38119
The Parent’s Day Out (PDO) teacher will provide a loving environment that encourages growth of our children in the following areas—social/emotional, cognitive, language, physical and spiritual. One of the most important goals of our program is for each child to know that they are loved and are uniquely special to us and to God. We believe that it is very important that each child learn to get along well with others and become enthusiastic learners.
- Teach basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students varying needs and interests.
- Arrange indoor and outdoor space to facilitate creative play, motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Attend to children’s needs by feeding them, dressing them, and changing their diapers.
- Demonstrate activities to children.
- Enforce all administration policies and rules governing all children’s care and safety.
- Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discuss them with supervisors.
- Organize and label materials, and display students work in a manner appropriate for their ages and perceptual skills.
- Provide supervision over all shared space, monitoring hall, bathroom, gym, and playground.
- Keep room or assigned areas, materials, and toys clean and sanitized.
This position operates in a professional church office environment. This role requires being in an early childhood classroom requiring light lifting, handling of small children, and periods of rigorous physical movement.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a partpart-time position that will require work Mondays, Wednesdays, and/or and Fridays. other days and hours deemed as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.