Communications Project Manager
Contact: Jennie Stockard
Organization: Brentwood United Methodist Church
Address 1: Brentwood UMC
Address 2: 309 Franklin Road
City: BrentwoodState: TN 37027
Position Type: Exempt
Category: Regular, Full-time position
Reports to: Creative Director
Coordinate and manage all phases of the communication project life cycle process to meet the goals and objectives as outlined in the Creative Brief providing day-to-day oversight of project timelines, budget estimates, deliverables, client relations, and communication with outside vendors.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT DUTIES
- Receive project requests for Communications Team and distribute information to appropriate team members
- Upon development and approval of Creative Brief, work with Creative Director to develop detailed project plans establishing specific team assignments, timelines, deliverables, etc. and compile project in project management software (Asana) keeping information updated through the life-cycle of the project
- Manage projects (tasks, sequencing, milestones, and contingencies) to ensure that projects are launched on time and within defined expectations
- Track progress of projects and provide timely reports to Communication team, vendors, and clients by phone, email or face-to-face meetings as needed
- Identify assets and resources needed to successfully meet client expectation and requirements based on Creative Brief
- Assure that projects are delivered according to schedule and within budget
- Attend monthly/quarterly planning meetings with ministry areas
- Act as day-to-day liaison with outside vendors, contractors, and clients on project-related issues
- Create and maintain any project documentation as needed
- Attend Communication Team meetings participating in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas, assist in project development, and report on status of projects
- Continually gather event dates from eSpace calendar and share with Communications Team during weekly meetings
- Work with Worship & Arts department to create special Sunday bulletin schedules adding defined schedules into software ensuring deadlines are met
- Work with Video Production Director providing video project coordination to include, but not limited to, scheduling participants and event space for shoot, securing materials needed, providing hospitality to participants, assisting during session, and emailing video proofs to appropriate people
- Provide training for new employees on communication department procedures and website editing as needed
- Maintain archival system for photos, digital materials, and print materials based on retention guidelines
- Serve as resource for Wufoo, Survey Monkey, and other form creation for BUMC staff
ADMINISTRATIVE & FINANCIAL DUTIES
- Work with Arena Database Specialist to ensure email lists are maintained for church emails, eNotes, etc.
- Process departments purchase orders and monthly credit card payments
- Order supplies as requested
- Print, assemble, and deliver in-house print materials
- Coordinate proofing process for deliverables
- Replenish and maintain Ministry Connect Walls throughout the building
- Provide backup for Reception Desk as needed
TRANSITIONING DUTIES -- Web-site responsibilities
These functions will be assigned to 5by5 and/or Digital Content Coordinator once they are hired.
- Day-to-day contact for Monk Development to resolve problems or generate new pages/updates
- Update weekly sermon audio and video
- Regularly check webpages to make sure they are up to date
- Create and layout new webpages, create custom urls, make changes to web navigation, adding new content as needed
- Update Staff Portal, Staff page, and Online Financials
- Add new employee access to the website and provide training for updating content
- High level of competency in MAC-based Microsoft Office software and other web-based technology with ability to learn computer programs quickly and use them proficiently (e.g. Asana project management, Arena church management system, event scheduling & registration software, and calendaring software)
- Understanding basic finance and budgeting processes
- Excellent written, verbal, client-facing, and internal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
- Adaptable and flexible in a changing work environment while approaching tasks and duties with a positive attitude
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs of the department
- Enjoys a team environment and is service-oriented
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- Three (3) – five (5) years of related experience
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. This position routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment. Position can be sedentary and is required to talk, hear, see, stand, walk, and sit. Employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items up to 25 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the area and overnight travel may be expected.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.