Contact: Jennie Stockard
Organization: Brentwood UMC
Address 1: 309 Franklin Road
City: BrentwoodState: TN 37027
To lead and coordinate the work of the messaging to the congregation and the work of the communications team, develop creative guidelines and direct the creative work including websites, print collateral, social media, video production, email communication, and related tasks. Understand and interpret the overall brand of the church and ensure each initiative, ministry and project fit within the church brand.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic design, journalism or related field required
- Five (5) or more years of experience in creative design, communications, or related field preferred
- Supervisory experience required
VISION & MINISTRY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage creative processes from concept to completion translating defined objectives into clear strategies
- Work with the Lead Team and department leaders to develop marketing strategies, oversee creative process, and provide deliverables to meet defined timelines and budgets
- Stay current with overall church event calendars and assist church-wide emphasis planning, branding, and marketing strategies in consultation with department leaders to meet ministry objectives
DEPARTMENT & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Manage and guide all creative projects and responsible for overall quality of work produced by the Communications department including website, digital content, video material, print collateral, and social media.
- Collaborate with the Worship Planning Team in developing message series, digital marketing strategies, and video messaging/storytelling
- Conduct brainstorming sessions with Communications department and other departments to develop innovative initiatives
- Select and manage vendor relationships to include, but not limited to, website administration, graphic design, print & signage, fabrication, video, photography to ensure quality standards are clear and projects are delivered on time and within budgets
- Ensure visual communication, brand standards, grammar and style guidelines are met on all deliverables
- Develop, manage, and implement Communications department budget in cooperation with Finance department, managing expenses effectively
- Develop guidelines related to Communications department and provide training for new employees as requested
- Create positive relations with local media / develop policies and procedures related to media relations
- Work with all BUMC operational departments (e.g. Finance, Facilities, Human Resources, etc.) as required to ensure proper processes, guidelines and procedures are being followed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed above are a representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
- Comprehensive knowledge of design, copy, digital marketing, and web best practices and guidelines
- Understanding of industry trends and creative tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, etc.
- Adaptable and flexible in a changing work environment while approaching tasks and duties with a positive attitude
- Highly skilled in leading and coaching a team of creative talent
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (verbal & written) combining listening and persuasive skills in project planning
- Understanding basic finance and budgeting processes
- Ability to interact with ministry teams, staff, and laity providing guidance and leadership when needed
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills approaching work with curiosity, creativity, and continuous learning
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy and the ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize, and manage time
This position supervises, leads, and directs the Communications Team by assigning projects, training, coaching, providing development opportunities, and conducting performance reviews.
This job operations in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. On occasion, this position will work outside the office meeting with vendors or on video shoots.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office environment. Position is mostly sedentary and is required to talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit. Employee must occasionally lift or move office supplies or other items up to 25 pounds.
Expected Hours of Work
Days and hours of work are Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week. Position may require additional hours during certain projects. Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the area and overnight travel may be expected.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.