Contact: Angela Overstreet
Organization: Franklin First UMC
Address 1: 120 Aldersgate Way
City: FranklinState: TN 37069
Job Description – Administrative Assistant
We are a vibrant Christ-centered community:
•boldly embracing the power of the Holy Spirit;
•growing through the divinely inspired Word of God;
•faithfully serving others;
•inviting all to experience the transforming love of Jesus Christ.
“The mission of the Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ. Local churches provide the most significant arena through which disciple-making occurs” (The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church, 2008, ¶120.)
Franklin First United Methodist Church (FFUMC) is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to focus on Membership record-keeping. This position will report to the Connections Director.
- Maintain the database of members and visitors and associated data.
- Serve as the staff’s expert on the database system, teaching others to enter data and run reports as needed.
- Provide administrative and event planning support to the Connections Director, and work with other staff to integrate data into the church’s database.
Other Specific Duties:
- Maintain data on Member, Prospective, Affiliate, Associate and Constituent persons as required by the United Methodist Church & General Council on Finance and Administration. This entails work in both electronic database and paper records.
- Track letters and mailings in database.
- Compile Attendance Sheets, Connection Cards & lists from Check-In system determine First Time Guests to put on database and Constant Contact.
- Post worship attendance.
- Run monthly reports of First Time Guests to identify those who have returned.
- Work with Connections Director to plan and host Membership Dinner (currently 3 times a year).
- Run monthly or weekly reports for members that have been absent for 4 weeks, 8 weeks or 12 weeks, and set up appropriate communication.
- Write for Certificates of Transfer into and out of the congregation.
- Keep death records for year-end reports and All Saint’s Day. Email names & addresses to Grief Share coordinator and All Saint’s Day banners.
- Keep baptism records for year-end reports.
- Review newspapers and other sources for church members’ obituaries.
- Use social media to look for church members who may have moved away from Franklin, TN.
- Compile membership information for Charge Conference annually (October or November).
- Compile membership and other information for Annual Conference reports (January).
- Compile Lay Leadership documents and set up committees in the database or where needed for group contact (i.e. post cards, emails).
- Assist with various other office duties as needed.
- Proficiency in at least one type of database software is required.
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to operate in a team environment while being a self-starter and problem solver is required.
- Experience with ACS Church Management Software is favored.
- Experience with United Methodist Book of Discipline’s membership requirements is favored.
Status: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with Experience