Assistant to the Lead Pastor
Contact: Jennie Stockard
Organization: The Village UMC
City: NolensvilleState: TN
Reports to: Lead Pastor
To partner with the Lead Pastor of The Village to enhance the effectiveness of the ministries of the church by providing administrative support, project, event, and ministry management, information and schedule coordination, general church communications, and other tasks as assigned to support the Lead Pastor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Self-starter who takes initiative and anticipates needs.
- Positive and flexible attitude.
- Highly organized and detail oriented: loves organizing things and people.
- Excellent people skills and a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Enjoys a team environment and a job they can build, grow and evolve as well as working independently to complete a variety of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Maintain grace and poise under pressure.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and changing priorities without becoming frustrated.
- High proficiency with Mac computer/devices and operating system as well as Microsoft Office and Evernote.
- Familiar with the GTD task management method.
- Able to learn and master new software, programs, and apps quickly
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors or associate degree in related field preferred
- Two (2) – Three (3) years of administrative experience preferred
Work Schedule and Number of Hours:
Full-time / 40 hours per week, including Sunday mornings. Evening and weekend hours as needed and required by the position.
- Calendar Management: coordinate scheduling, meeting requests, and gathering relevant background material for meetings for the Pastor as needed, as well as filtering and redirecting non-essential requests and tasks.
- Communication: return and initiate phone calls to The Village, process email, and initiate other correspondence with staff, congregants, church leadership, and the community as needed.
- Project, Event, and Ministry Management: provide support for special events and ongoing ministry management responsibilities related to the work and schedule of the Lead Pastor, coordinate relevant details, and provide support for special projects as they arise.
- Organization and Data Management: maintain filing system, build and maintain databases and files used for measuring and managing the ministry impact of The Village, coordinate purchases and required paperwork for the Lead Pastor.
- Meeting and Presentation Support: prepare and/or edit agendas, capture tasks and coordinate next steps from various meetings, create relevant presentation materials (visuals, handouts, etc.) and assist in research relevant for meetings and presentations.