Director of Programming
Contact: Courtney Aldrich
Organization: Project Transformation Tennessee
Address 1: 1008 19th Avenue South
City: NashvilleState: TN 37212
Project Transformation Tennessee
JOB DESCRIPTION: Director of Programming
POSITION SUMMARY: Under policy direction of the Executive Director, performs a wide range of difficult to complex management. Uses considerable, independent judgment and leadership in decisions that influence Project Transformation programming in order to meet program objectives. Provides vision and direction to the development, implementation, and evaluation of all programming activities, including social emotional interventions. Responsible for oversight of all interns, particularly site coordinators and fellows. Creates nurturing, supportive environment for year-round and summer interns to grow personally and professionally. Advises and assists the Executive Director in planning, policy, and operations matters. Responsible for upholding the mission and values of Project Transformation, including a Wesleyan practice of faith.
• Creates, implements, and monitors evidence-based programs for children in order to achieve program outcomes.
• Works with Program Team to develop and implement long-range plan for Project Transformation participants.
• Visits program sites throughout the week and provides ongoing coaching and supervision of interns, supporting interns in professional and personal development. Attends intern dinners and worship services throughout the summer.
• Oversees registration process with the goal of reaching maximum capacity.
• Collaborate with community partners, including local service providers, churches, schools, and capacity builders, to leverage additional assets that strengthen program impact.
• Assists Director of Leadership Development in interviewing and hiring all interns, particularly site coordinators and fellows. Works with Director of Leadership Development to develop and implement an annual training schedule for year-round and summer interns. Provides support and guidance in planning and implementation of volunteer and partner training.
• Is accountable to grants and organization mission by collecting participant and intern data and implementing strategic objectives. Maintains database to ensure that participant and community partner information is accurate. Develops, prepares, and assesses forms, records, reports, charts, and other operational materials. Collects all required site paperwork, input the data, and submits it to the Executive Director on a bi-monthly basis.
• Prepares and delivers formal presentations before various public and private concerns; attends community meetings, conferences, and seminars requiring periodic to frequent travel. Communicates with new and existing partners to share the mission of Project Transformation and seek volunteers, potential interns, and additional support.
• Assists in developing departmental plans, goals, objectives, budgets, policies and procedures. Maintains accurate records of staff, supplies, inventory, purchase card expenditures and budget management. Reviews on a continual basis the department procedures, staffing and equipment for maximum efficiency while controlling costs. Orders and inventories supplies, researches and reports on capital equipment purchases and maintenance.
• Facilitates and troubleshoots problems associated with service issues. Reviews any major problems with the Executive Director. Completes all duties and projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Must have Master’s Degree or the equivalent years of experience plus 3-5 years of specialized program management/ supervisory experience. Other related fields can include higher education and campus ministry, education, social work, local church children/youth ministry, etc.
• Must be able to accept all diverse background including sexual orientation, race, religion, and disability. Knowledge of developmental levels for children and youth, specifically those in a low socio-economic context.
• Must have excellent computer skills. Must be able to read, write and speak English. Must have excellent communications skills both verbal and written. Must be able to work with others to resolve issues and maintain composure in an environment of changing priorities. Must use the personal computer, including word processing, spreadsheet, database and computer aided design software, calculator, fax, phone, projectors, website and mobile phone.
• Must be able to work well under pressure. Must be able to work on a time table, follow instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance. Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments. Must have excellent organizational and detail orientated abilities. Possession of strong organizational skills is imperative. Must have the ability to prioritize and execute tasks.
• Must have excellent team experiences, working in a team orientated, collaborative environment.
• Must have knowledge of principles of personnel practices and employment laws, program budgeting, and fiscal management practices; and the appropriate methods and means of dealing with human behavior in a variety of business circumstances.
• Must have strong project management principles, interpersonal skills, ability to present ideas in a business and user-friendly language. This position must be able analyze complex information and keep confidentiality.
• May be required to work weekends, travel out of town for extended days.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Courtney Aldrich (firstname.lastname@example.org).