Village Kids Associate Director / The Village Church Nashville
Contact: Jennie Stockard
Organization: The Village Church Nashville
Address 1: 309 Franklin Road
City: BrentwoodState: TN 37027
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Category: Regular, Three-quarter time position
Reports to: Pastor to Children and Families
The Village Church Mission: Leading ordinary people to become disciples of Jesus who make disciples who make disciples who change the world.
The Village Kids Associate Director’s mission is to work alongside the Pastor to Children and Families empowering parents and Village Kids ministry leaders to create environments at home, in the community and at church where children are becoming committed followers of Jesus Christ.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Live out the vision and mission of The Village Church
- Provide support and leadership in the Village Kids ministries
- Be in relation with the children & families of the church, the community and with Village Kids volunteers
- Coordinate and equip Village Kids teams as they carry out the ministry and mission of Village Kids
Sunday Morning Leadership -- Provide support and guidance for the Village Kids Leader Team on Sunday mornings by being present with the team and equipping them for ministry
- Equip, care for and lead teams as they engage in ministry
- Supervise and coordinate Sunday Village Kids Logistics Team guiding them through setup and tear down, determining curriculum supply needs and space logistics
- Oversee and coordinate teams that provide support during Sunday service transition times
Volunteer Support and Recruiting -- Coordinate Sunday Village Kids Serving Teams and participate in the Village Kids Lead Team helping to develop and cast vision and equip volunteer leaders to carry out the mission of the church. Recruit, assist, equip and empower children’s ministry team leaders as they develop Preschool through 5th grade weekly programming.
- Coordinate weekly Village Kids Leader serving needs (Preschool - 5th Grade) by serving as the point person for this communication and support for leaders. Provide support for leader scheduling so that all leadership roles are filled on a Sunday morning and communicate volunteer list with each week serving team
- Help to recruit and assist with onboarding new team members
- Provide support for Village Kids leaders in preparation for and on Sunday mornings, equipping them for ministry
- Check in for emergency cancellations and help to problem solve these on the weekend when needed
Community -- Passionately pursue opportunities for Village Kids to be a presence in the community with and for the children and families within it
- Oversee the Village Kids Go Team focusing on reaching the community seeking out ways to create bridges between the community, the church and lead team to meet needs and/or create connections
- Live life of mission in the community by building relationships with neighbors, with local school faculty and staff, and children and parents who live in the community
- Actively serve in the schools in the community
Camp Village Kids -- Oversee and lead a team to develop summer camp for children of the community
- Oversee and guide preparations for Camp with the assistance of co-directors and the Camp Lead Team
- Provide support to co-directors and the Camp Lead Team in creation of and implementation of Camp including: content development, registration, volunteer recruitment, supply purchasing, budgeting, marketing and communications, follow up with families and children, and intentionally reaching the community
- Serve as staff support to co-directors and the Camp Team during the week of Camp
- Update database and contact lists for all kids and families (weekly and for special events or services)
- Oversee communication to families with children including: Emma emails, series updates, monthly parent resources, mailings, weekly take home pages, social media, etc.
- Oversee follow up for first time guests (to be done weekly) and children/families who have had a gap in their attendance
- Assist in building systems that expect and welcome guests
- Provide connection point after special events or all ages worship services
- Assist Pastor of Children & Families in creating new ways to reach out to families
- Coordinate Sunday logistics, supply prep and shopping
- Oversee curriculum supply lists and coordinate Village Kids Prep and Printing Teams to gather, shop for and prepare supplies as needed
- Coordinate, train and lead Sunday Logistics Team to set-up and tear down the weekly logistics needed for Sunday Village Kids
- Clearly demonstrate faith in, and a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Understands and embodies the mission, vision, and values of The Village UMC
- Enjoys a team environment and a job they can build, grow and evolve as well as working independently to complete a variety of tasks
- Ability and willingness to experiment, make mistakes, laugh, have fun, and take creative risks
- Loves children and families and is passionate about ministering to children and families of the community
- Leadership skills and experience in leading volunteer teams
- High level of competency in Microsoft Office software and other web-based technology with the ability to learn computer programs quickly and use them proficiently
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
While this position does not have direct reports, it does work with church volunteers on carrying out children’s ministries.
This job operates outside the walls of a formal church and office building. Employee will work in various types of environments including, but not limited to, working from home, working in public spaces alone or in groups, and working on Sunday’s at Sunset Middle School. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in various work environments as listed above. Position is somewhat sedentary and is required to talk, hear, stand, walk, and sit. Employee must lift or move boxes of supplies or other ministry-related items up to 30 pounds. Position requires bending, stooping, and reaching to setup and teardown for Sunday morning and other events.
Expected Hours of Work
Hours of work are 30 hours per week. Position may require additional hours during certain projects. Sunday is a work day (7a – 1p) with other hours worked during the week as schedule requires. Some hours on Friday or Saturday are required to prepare for Sunday worship.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the area and overnight travel may be expected.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in child development or related field preferred
- Two (2) – three (3) years of related children’s ministry experience preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed
by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.