Director of Communications
Contact: Rev. Deborah Suddarth
Organization: Collierville United Methodist Church
Address 1: 454 W. Poplar Ave
City: ColliervilleState: TN 38017
Collierville United Methodist Church is a 3,000+ member church with over 800 in four worship services on two campuses every Sunday morning. With full programming for preschool, elementary, middle school, high school, adults, and seniors, we have over 25 church staff, over 30 preschool staff, and over 15 nursery staff.
Vision: Reaching out to transform lives by extending God’s love to all.
Mission: To know Christ and to make Him known.
Core Values: Scripture, Love, Humility, Servanthood, Mission
Find us at: www.colliervilleumc.org
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATIONS
The person in this position should be a committed Christian Disciple. Under the direct supervision of the Executive Pastor provides effective communications both internally and externally to inform the church congregation and the public of the news in the church, to set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, public relations messages, and collateral to consistently articulate the mission and ministry of Collierville United Methodist Church.
- Work closely with the staff leadership to provide a marketing strategy for the church
- Keep Communications Manual up to date and ensure that staff and church leadership understand its procedures
- Work with all areas of ministry to develop print materials, press releases, and TV screen slides
- Work with staff to maintain and update website and social media on a weekly basis
- Compile and submit weekly electronic newsletters, periodic mass emails, and help maintain database of subscribers
- Stay current with statistical data on the Collierville area
- Act as the liaison with all newspapers, radios, printers and television stations
- Handle on-line registration and registration forms with staff assistance
- Work with Church Historian to keep up with historical church data
- Oversee photography of special events of the church
- Assist Audio Visual staff in creating, taping and editing of videos
- Submit yearly budget for advertising and communications
- Assist and advise Task Teams, to include Communications, Audio Visual, and Records & History.
- Other special assignments and duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor or Senior Pastor
- Excellent computer skills with experience with Church software (i.e., Shelby), Adobe Creative Suite, Web Design, Web Management software, etc.
- Training or experience in print publications (flyers, postcards, bulletins and newsletters)
- Good organization skills, time management and initiative
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Attention to Detail
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
This position has supervisory responsibility
This positon operates in a professional church office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. It also contains special production equipment folding and cutting machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm and evening committee meetings regarding Communications, as needed. Occasionally, positon needed for evening hours and weekends for video production.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Training or experience in public relations and marketing
- Video Production experience