The MISSION of the Memphis Conference (West TN and Western KY) is to:
DISCOVER, EQUIP, CONNECT and SEND
lay and clergy leaders who shape congregations
that offer JESUS CHRIST to a hurting world,
ONE NEIGHBORHOOD AT A TIME.
~ Above mission statement approved by delegates to 2014 Memphis Annual Conference
VALUES: Unrelenting love for all people ~ Integrity ~ Excellence ~ Faithfulness & Fruitfulness ~ Innovation
OFFICE LOCATION, HOURS and TELEPHONE:
- 24 Corporate Blvd., Jackson, TN 38305
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. | Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The Memphis Conference of the United Methodist Church covers West Tennessee and Western Kentucky. At the end of 2017, it included 410 churches and 78,515 members.
Counties that make up the Memphis Conference include:
- Western Kentucky: Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall, McCracken
- West Tennessee: Benton, Calloway, Carroll, Chester, Crockett, Decatur, Dyer, Fayette, Gibson, Hardeman, Haywood, Hardin, Henderson, Henry, Lake, Lauderdale, Madison, McNairy, Obion, Shelby, Tipton, Weakley
The Memphis Conference is home to Lakeshore Camp & Retreat Center in Eva, Tennessee. Conference agencies include Hannah’s Hope in Memphis, Tennessee., Reelfoot Rural Ministries in Obion, Tennessee, United Methodist Neighborhood Centers in Memphis, Tennessee and Western Kentucky United Methodist Family Services in Paducah, Kentucky.
College campus ministries (Wesley Foundations) are located at Bethel University in McKenzie, Tennessee; Murray State University in Murray, Kentucky; University of Memphis in Memphis, Tennessee; University of Memphis - Lambuth Campus in Jackson, Tennessee; University of Tennessee at Martin in Martin, Tennessee; and University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, Tennessee.
The Memphis Conference and neighboring Tennessee Conference (middle Tennessee) together make up the Nashville Episcopal Area of the United Methodist Church. Bishop William T. (Bill) McAlilly was elected bishop at the Southeastern Jurisdictional Conference in 2012 and assigned to the Nashville Episcopal Area.
The Memphis Conference office (Treasurer's Office and Connectional Ministries Office) are located in Jackson, Tennessee. The Episcopal Office is located in Nashville, Tennessee. The Memphis Conference Archives are located in Nashville, Tennessee.
Every year, historically in May/June, laity and clergy of the Memphis Conference gather for worship, business, education and celebration at an event called the Memphis Annual Conference. Most recently these annual conferences have taken place in Jackson,Tennessee (2015 and 2016), Paducah, Kentucky (2014) and Collierville, Tennessee (2013 and 2017). The 2018 session will be in Paducah, Kentucky.
The denomination has 56 annual conferences in the United States and 76 outside the United States (Africa, Europe and the Philippines).
Read more about the The United Methodist Church at www.umc.org.
- Who we are (worldwide connection of approximately 12.8 million members)
- What we believe (including social principles and social creed)
- How we serve (via four areas of focus: ministering with the poor, improving global health, growing vital churches and developing Christian leaders)
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
- Connectional Ministries Office: 731-664-8480
- Treasurer's Office: 731-664-5540
- Archives: Click here
- Communications Office: 731-664-8480 | email@example.com