Gerry Campbell, Jackson District, is the Memphis Conference Lay Leader. He was elected at the 2012 Memphis Annual Conference.
731-217-9314 (cell) ~ email@example.com
The Conference Lay Leader's responsibilities include:
- Working with the Bishop as partners in ministry
- Advocating for the role of the laity in the life of the Church
- Enabling and supporting lay participation in the planning and decision-making processes of the Annual Conference, the Districts, and the Local Church by working with the Local Pastors, the District Superintendents, Conference staff and the Bishop
- Fostering awareness of the role of the laity within the congregation, as well as in their homes, work places, communities, and the world in accomplishing the mission of the church
- Relating to the organized lay groups in the Conference such as United Methodist Men, United Methodist Women and United Methodist Youth
- Attending the Annual Meeting of the National Association of Annual Conference Lay Leaders
- Attending meetings of the Southeastern Jurisdictional Association of Annual Conference Lay Leaders
Download or View the 2013 Lay Leader's Manual
Read a March 2013 feature story about Gerry Campbell.