Check out info and resources for churches to observe 'National Recovery Month' in September
September is National Recovery Month. Churches might participate by:
- asking someone in addiction recovery to speak during worship
- planning an event for the community to learn more
To help persons on on the path to recovery from addiction:
- Share recovery stories and learn from others.
- Find out about and post recovery events in your community.
- Watch the Road to Recovery television series.
- Download web banners and flyers to promote Recovery Month.
- Spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, and other online forums.
- Put the Alcohol and Other Drugs Faith and Facts Card in your bulletins.
- Plan worship or preach on addiction and recovery.
For more information on The United Methodist Church and addiction, CLICK HERE.