Paducah District office relocated from Paducah to Brewers last October
Top right photo is the former Brewers UMC parsonage that now is the Paducah District office with two conference rooms. Lower left photo shows activity building in foreground and santuary/classroom building in background.
The office of the Paducah District relocated from Paducah to Brewers
, Ky., last October. It's now housed in the former Brewers UMC that discontinued last August.
The decision to relocate the office came about as a result of several factors, according to Paducah District Superintendent Sky McCracken.
- The Paducah District office had been renting space in an office building near downtown Paducah.
- The Brewers UMC facility is more centrally located to the majority of churches in the district and has a lot of useful facilities and space for the entire district.
- The cost to assume Brewers UMC’s remaining mortgage was a better financial decision for the district than to continue paying rent.
- The relocation means the Paducah District does not have to sell the Brewers UMC property at a price far less than its appraised value.
- The former parsonage is now the Paducah District Office with two conference rooms.
- The former activity center is now the Paducah District Activities Center.
- The former church building (sanctuary and classrooms) is being studied and discussed for its best use going forward.