2017 Memphis Annual Conference, Collierville, TN
|When||Sunday, June 4, 2017 to Tuesday, June 6, 2017|
|Add to my calendar||Google, iCalendar/Outlook, Outlook Online, Yahoo|
Sent to Serve: God and Neighbor 2017 MEMPHIS ANNUAL CONFERENCE
What is 'Annual Conference' in The United Methodist Church? Each year an equal number of clergy members
and lay members attend their conference's annual conference session for worship, fellowship, and to conduct
the business of the conference.These sessions include reports of past and ongoing work; adoption of future
goals, programs and budgets; ordination of clergy members as deacons and elders; and election of delegates
to Jurisdictional and General Conferences (every four years).The bishop presides.
CHUCK KNOWS CHURCH explains The United Methodist Church's Annual Conference: Watch video.<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
DATES Sunday-Tuesday, June 4-6, 2017
LOCATION Collierville United Methodist Church | 454 W. Poplar Ave., Collierville, TN PLANNED BY
- Bishop William T. (Bill) McAlilly
- Memphis Annual Conference Planning Team
- Collierville United Methodist Church Host Committee
- Connectional Ministries staff, led by acting director Rev. Sky McCracken: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOST CHURCH Collierville United Methodist Church, Collierville, Tennessee
TOURISM INFO Find it HERE
AGENDA Coming soon. Check back.
MOBILE APP Find it HERE Friendly suggestion: Download BEFORE you get to annual conference.
DELEGATE PRE-REGISTRATION and CHECK-IN
- ALL lay and clergy delegates (even those who might not attend) should pre-register.
- Deadline to pre-register is Monday, May 15. Click here to begin with important instructions.
- Check-in for lay and clergy delegates will be in separate locations on Sunday, June 4, beginning at 2 p.m.
>Clergy delegates Check in at your district table in the Garden Lobby just below Room 210 where you will meet for your Clergy Session at 3:30 p.m.
- Agency and Ministry Reports | Click HERE (55-page PDF document)
- Budget - 2018 Memphis Conference | Click HERE | 4-page 2018 narrative budget. View online and/or print. Print as 4-page booklet on 11x17 paper or as single pages on 8.5x11 paper.
- Constitutional Amendments (5) | UM NEWS SERVICE STORY | MORE DETAILS | DRAFT BALLOT
- Congo Women Arise | DETAILS (evening service on Sunday, June 4; morning and evening services on Monday, June 5)
- The Jerusalem Fund | DETAILS (clergy and lay sessions on Sunday, June 4; closing service on Tuesday, June 6)
- Sunday Evening Worship (Sunday, June 4, 7 p.m.) Bishop Bill McAlilly will preach and Project Transformation interns will be commissioned.
- Monday Opening Worship (Monday, June 5, 8:30 a.m.) Rev. Randy Cooper, pastor of Martin First UMC in Martin, TN, will preach.
- Memorial Worship (Monday, June 5, 1 p.m.) Dr. David Comperry, pastor of Emmanuel United Methodist Church in Memphis, TN, will preach. This service remembers clergy and clergy spouses who have died during the preceding year.
- Monday Evening Worship (Monday, June 5, 7 p.m.) This service will model a service of recovery -- a style of service built around recovery ministry, community and music. Worship leaders will be from ‘The Way’ at St. John’s United Methodist Church in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Tuesday Evening Worship (Tuesday, June 6, 7 p.m.) Bishop Bill McAlilly will lead this service of licensing, commissioning and ordination with setting of appointments.
- Scott Chrostek, pastor of the downtown campus of United Methodist Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, Kansas, will lead two teaching sessions on Tuesday, June 6, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. | DETAILS
RESTAURANTS Find list HERE (2-page PDF)
BREAKFAST, LUNCH & REFRESHMENTS AT THE CHURCH | DETAILS
PARKING LOT SHUTTLE SCHEDULE | DETAILS
YOUNG PEOPLE'S ADDRESS | DETAILS The deadline to submit has been extended to May 8.
DENMAN EVANGELISM AWARDS | DETAILS
RESOLUTIONS and PETITIONS | DETAILS | The deadline to submit (April 1) has passed.
EXHIBITS and DISPLAYS | DETAILS
CHILDCARE | nursery and kids' camp | DETAILS
CHARGING STATIONS for electronic devices will be located in the church's Gallery, Bride's Room and Mission Center.
CLERGY ROBING ROOM BEFORE ORDINATION SERVICE | Room MC101BC (Security will be provided during service.)
WORSHIP LEADERS | Steven Oldham, song leader | James Story, pianist
PET CONSTRUCTION by Mobility Worldwide Memphis and Memphis Conference United Methodist Men | DETAILS
YOUTH ANNUAL GATHERING | June 3-4 right before Annual Conference, but at a different location | DETAILS
SPECIAL MEAL EVENTS
- CLERGY SPOUSE LUNCHEON | DETAILS
- CLERGY WOMEN DINNER | DETAILS
- LAITY LUNCH | DETAILS
- LAY SERVANT LUNCH | DETAILS
- MARTIN METHODIST COLLEGE DINNER | DETAILS
- RETIREE LUNCH (Board of Pensions) | DETAILS
- SEMINARY MEALS | Contact seminary for information.
April 15 is deadline to request AV media projection.
Email Rev. Bill Lawson at email@example.com
May 10 is deadline to request and coordinate catered meal events.
Email Brenda Schingle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AV DEADLINES FOR APPROVED PRESENTERS The deadline has passed.
- Deadline to submit AV media is April 15. Submit to email@example.com
- For media specs, contact Rev. Bill Lawson | firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about approved presenters, contact Robbin McCoy | email@example.com | 731-664-8480
- XApril 1: Deadline to submit resolutions & petitions | DETAILS
- XApril 14: Deadline for submissions for young people's address | DETAILS (This deadline was extended to May 8.)
- XApril 15: Deadline for final AV media from approved presenters | See above under "AV Deadlines"
- XApril 15: Deadline for AV requests for meal events | See above under "Special Meal Events"
- XApril 15: Deadline for annual conference (session) budget needs from approved chairs and committees| firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 30: Deadline to request display & exhibit space | DETAILS
- May 4-15: Deadlines (vary by hotel) for special hotel rates | DETAILS
- May 8: Deadline to submit nominations for Denman evangelism awards | DETAILS
- May 8: Deadline for submissions for young people's address | DETAILS (The previous deadline was April 14.)
- May 10: Deadline to request and coordinate catered meal events | See above under "Special Meal Events"
- May 15: Deadline for clergy and lay delegates to pre-register | DETAILS
- May 15: Deadline for youth and youth groups to register for Youth Annual Gathering | DETAILS
- May 15: Deadline for retirees to reply to attend retiree lunch | DETAILS
- May 20: Deadline to register for childcare (nursery and kids' camp) | DETAILS
- May 22: Deadline for clergy spouses to make reservation for clergy spouse luncheon | DETAILS
- May 23: Deadline for clery women to make reservation clergy women dinner | DETAILS
- May 25: Deadline to request language translation services | DETAILS
- May 26: Deadline to purchase tickets for laity lunch | DETAILS
- June 2: Deadline to make reservation for lay servant lunch | DETAILS
10 a.m. to Noon - Collierville United Methodist Church
- XNov. 9, 2017
- XJan. 26, 2017
- XFeb. 9, 2017
- XMarch 9, 2017
- XApril 20, 2017
- May 16, 2017
Choose your store
or scan the QR code to download
new and improved Memphis Conference MOBILE APP
with 2017 Annual Conference materials and information.
Friendly suggestion: Download BEFORE you get to Annual Conference.