2017 Memphis Annual Conference, Collierville, TN
|When||Sunday, June 4, 2017 to Tuesday, June 6, 2017|
|Add to my calendar||Google, iCalendar/Outlook, Outlook Online, Yahoo|
Sent to Serve: God and Neighbor 2017 MEMPHIS ANNUAL CONFERENCE
What is 'Annual Conference' in The United Methodist Church? Each year an equal number of clergy members
and lay members attend their conference's annual conference session for worship, fellowship, and to conduct
the business of the conference.These sessions include reports of past and ongoing work; adoption of future
goals, programs and budgets; ordination of clergy members as deacons and elders; and election of delegates
to Jurisdictional and General Conferences (every four years).The bishop presides.
CHUCK KNOWS CHURCH explains The United Methodist Church's Annual Conference: Watch video.<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
DATES Sunday-Tuesday, June 4-6, 2017
LOCATION Collierville United Methodist Church | 454 W. Poplar Ave., Collierville, TN
- Directions to Poplar Campus
- Map: Children's Ministry Center
- Map: Ministry Center
- Map: Youth Ministry Center
- Bishop William T. (Bill) McAlilly
- Memphis Annual Conference Planning Team
- Collierville United Methodist Church Host Committee
- Connectional Ministries staff, led by Dr. Joe Geary, director
HOST CHURCH Collierville United Methodist Church, Collierville, Tennessee
DELEGATE PRE-REGISTRATION and CHECK-IN
- ALL lay and clergy delegates (even those who might not attend) should pre-register.
- Deadline to pre-register is Monday, May 15. Click here to begin with important instructions.
- Check-in for lay and clergy delegates will be in separate locations on Sunday, June 4, beginning at 2 p.m.
next to the Sanctuary where they will meet for their Lay Session at 3:30 p.m.
>Clergy delegates will check in at their district table in the Garden Lobby
just below Room 210 where they will meet for their Clergy Session at 3:30 p.m.
HOTELS Click here for a list of hotel room blocks. (Each hotel has its own deadline.)
TOURISM INFO Find it HERE
- Congo Women Arise | DETAILS (evening service on Sunday, June 4; morning and evening services on Monday, June 5)
- The Jerusalem Fund | DETAILS (clergy and laity sessions on Sunday, June 4; closing service on Tuesday, June 6)
BREAKFAST, LUNCH & REFRESHMENTS AT THE CHURCH | DETAILS
PARKING LOT SHUTTLE SCHEDULE | DETAILS
PRE-CONFERENCE MEETINGS IN MARCH
ABOUT 'NEW APPORTIONMENT PROPOSAL' | DETAILS
YOUNG PEOPLE'S ADDRESS | DETAILS
RESOLUTIONS and PETITIONS | DETAILS
EXHIBITS and DISPLAYS | DETAILS
CHILDCARE (nursery and kids' camp) | DETAILS (7-page PDF with paper registration) | Online Registration
VOTING ON 5 CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS | UM NEWS SERVICE STORY | MORE DETAILS | DRAFT BALLOT
CHARGING STATIONS for electronic devices: located in the church's Gallery, Bride's Room and Mission Center. Scroll back up for facility maps.
CLERGY ROBING ROOM BEFORE ORDINATION SERVICE | Room MC101BC (Security will be provided during service.)
WORSHIP LEADERS | Steven Oldham, song leader | James Story, pianist
SPECIAL MEAL EVENTS
- CLERGY WOMEN DINNER | DETAILS
- LAITY LUNCH | DETAILS
- LAY SERVANT LUNCH | DETAILS
- MARTIN METHODIST COLLEGE DINNER | DETAILS
- RETIREE LUNCH (Board of Pensions) | Rm MC210 | Contact treasurer's office | 731-664-5540 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEMINARY MEALS | Contact seminary for information.
for meal events at Collierville United Methodist Church.
Email Rev. Bill Lawson at email@example.com
May 10 is deadline to request and coordinate catered meal events
at Collierville United Methodist Church.
Email Brenda Schingle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE for delegates, visitors & guests from Memphis Conference Communications Team (Carla Taylor, chair)
Please remember to act and speak as if a camera or microphone is in front of you at all times. All gatherings -- worship, teaching and business sessions -- will be live streamed and recorded. Some recorded sessions will be posted on the Memphis Conference website. There might also be persons present who are recording activities and might share their recordings via social media and other websites. Please remember to act and speak as if a camera or microphone is in front of you at all times.
AV DEADLINES FOR APPROVED PRESENTERS
- Deadline to submit AV media is April 15. Submit to email@example.com
- For media specs, contact Rev. Bill Lawson | firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about approved presenters, contact Robbin McCoy | email@example.com | 731-664-8480
- April 1: Deadline to submit resolutions & petitions | DETAILS
- April 14: Deadline for submissions for young people's address | DETAILS
- April 15: Deadline for final AV media from approved presenters | See above under "AV Deadlines"
- April 15: Deadline for AV requests for meal events | See above under "Special Meal Events"
- April 15: Deadline for annual conference (session) budget needs from approved chairs and committees| firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 30: Deadline to request display & exhibit space | DETAILS
- May 4-15: Deadlines (vary by hotel) for special hotel rates | DETAILS
- May 10: Deadline to request and coordinate catered meal events | See above under "Special Meal Events"
- May 15: Deadline for clergy and lay delegates to pre-register | DETAILS
- May 20: Deadline to register for childcare (nursery and kids' camp) | DETAILS
- May 25: Deadline to request language translation services | DETAILS
- May 26: Deadline to purchase tickets for laity luncheon | DETAILS
- June 2: Deadline to make reservation for lay servant lunch | DETAILS
10 a.m. to Noon - Collierville United Methodist Church
- XNov. 9, 2017
- XJan. 26, 2017
- XFeb. 9, 2017
- XMarch 9, 2017
- April 20, 2017
- May 16, 2017