2016 Memphis Annual Conference, Jackson, TN
|When||Sunday, June 19, 2016 to Wednesday, June 22, 2016|
|Add to my calendar||Google, iCalendar/Outlook, Outlook Online, Yahoo|
(appear blue when activated)
CLERGY APPOINTMENTS | PHOTO GALLERY
VIDEO ARCHIVE | MOBILE APP
WORSHIP GUIDE | EVALUATION
Scroll through for lots more information.
To quickly return to this page:
- Here is the direct URL: www.memphis-umc.net/2016AC
- Or go to home page of Memphis Conference website at www.memphis-umc.org and click on logo like one above.
DATES - June 19-22, 2016
LOCATION - Northside United Methodist Church, Jackson, Tennessee (Note new Jackson location!)
- Bishop William T. (Bill) McAlilly
- Memphis Annual Conference Planning Team
- Connectional Ministries staff, led by Dr. Joe Geary, director
JACKSON VISITOR INFORMATION | www.jacksontn.com/tourism/
PARKING and SHUTTLE SERVICE | DETAILS
Live Stream | DETAILS
- Social Media | DETAILS
- Mobile App | DETAILS
Below is an IMPORTANT Message for delegates and visitors:
The Memphis Conference Communications Team would like to remind all attendees that all gatherings -- worship, teaching and business sessions -- are being live-streamed. Anything you say is broadcast out for the entire world to see if they choose to tune in. Also, with today's technology, there might be others present at the conference recording presentations and business sessions. Please remember to act and speak as if a camera or microphone is in front of you at all times. The worship and teaching sessions will be recorded so they can later be posted on the conference website and will be available for download. The business sessions are live-streamed, but will not be posted on the website. ~ Carla Taylor, Chair, Memphis Conference Communications Team
AGENDA FOR ANNUAL CONFERENCE (schedule of events) as of 6-7-16 (4-page PDF) | DETAILS (Agenda is always subject to revision.)
MAP of Northside United Methodist Church | DETAILS
DELEGATE MATERIALS (as provided by responsible parties and always subject to new information and revisions)
- Agency and Ministry Reports | Click HERE (53-page PDF document)
- Council on Finance and Administration (CFA) Reports | Click HERE for 2017 Budget Detail (8-page PDF document) | Click HERE for Budget Summary (1-page PDF document) | Click HERE for Policy Recommendations (3-page PDF document). These three documents are new (modified) as of 5-27-16 due to decisions from General Conference, held May 10-20 in Portland Oregon.
- Resolutions (1 received by deadline to submit) | Click HERE (1-page PDF document)
- June 16 UPDATE | Click HERE for 4-page report from Clergy Wellness Commission that REMOVES and REPLACES pages 19-22 of 53-page Agency and Ministry Reports under Consent Agenda.
SUNDAY OPEN HOUSE at nearby CONFERENCE OFFICE | DETAILS
Four worship services are scheduled in the sanctuary:
- Service of Remembering (Sunday, June 19, at 4 p.m.) Rev. Emily S. Matheny, associate pastor and executive director of congregational care at Christ United Methodist Church in Memphis, Tennessee, will preach. She is retiring at this annual conference. This service remembers Memphis Conference clergy and spouses who died in the previous year.
- Opening Worship (Sunday, June 19, at 7 p.m.) Bishop William T. (Bill) McAlilly will preach. This service will include the commissioning of Project Transformation interns, college age young adults who have committed the summer of 2016 to serve and build relationships with children and youth from low-income communities, live in intentional community and explore a call to ministry and service.
- Service of Ordination of Elders with Commissioning and Licensing of Local Pastors (Monday, June 20, at 7 p.m.) Bishop Cynthia Fierro Harvey of the Louisiana Conference of the United Methodist Church will preach. This service celebrates newly licensed, elected, commissioned and ordained ministers.
- Service of Sending Forth and Setting of Appointments (Wednesday, June 22, at 2:20 p.m.) Bishop William T. (Bill) McAlilly will lead this service. In the United Methodist Church, clergy are appointed to their churches by the bishop. Appointments are made based on the gifts and evidence of God's grace of those appointed and the needs, characteristics and opportunities of congregations. Through appointment making, the connectional nature of the United Methodist system is made visible.
GATHERINGS IN SONG AND PRAYER
- Song Leader: Randy Mathenia, Director of Music Ministries at Northside United Methodist Church
- Accompanist: Mitzi Mathenia, Associate Director of Music Ministries at Northside United Methodist Church
- Dr. L. Gregory Jones, Senior Strategist for Leadership Education and Professor of Theology and Christian Ministry and Ruth W. and A. Morris Williams Jr. Professor of Theology and Christian Ministry at Duke Divinity School in Durham, North Carolina, will lead three teaching sessions on TRADITIONAL INNOVATION on Tuesday, June 21: Session I at 8:30 a.m. in Hope Hall, Session II at 10:30 a.m. in Hope Hall and Session III at 2:15 p.m. in the sanctuary.
and learn how to TEXT DONATIONS to these two funds. Or call the Treasurer's Office
at 731-664-5540 before or after Annual Conference for instructions. PRAYER ROOM AND PRAYER SERVICES | DETAILS
EXHIBITS and DISPLAYS | DETAILS
RUST COLLEGE A'CAPPELLA CHOIR CONCERT | DETAILS
BOXED LUNCHES & CONCESSIONS | DETAILS
CHARGING STATIONS for electronic devices: Look for signs at Northside United Methodist Church.
DONATE TRAVEL-SIZE TOILETRIES to Grace Place United Methodist Church. | DETAILS
CLERGY INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORDINATION SERVICE | DETAILS
LUNCHEONS and DINNERS
- Laity Luncheon | DETAILS
- Retiree Luncheon | DETAILS
- Clergy Spouse Luncheon | DETAILS
- Seminary Luncheons | Contact your seminary for details.
- Educational Opportunities Tours Dinner | DETAILS
- ALL clergy and laity delegates (even those who might not attend) should register.
- X Deadline to register is Monday, June 6.
- Click here to begin with important instructions.
REPORTS FOR PRE-CONFERENCE BRIEFING MATERIALS | DETAILS (Deadline to submit has passed.)
PRE-CONFERENCE BRIEFINGS (4 opportunities) | DETAILS (Briefings are completed.)
CHILDREN'S ACTIVITIES | DETAILS (Deadline to request has passed.)
LANGUAGE TRANSLATION SERVICES | DETAILS (Deadline to request has passed.)
DISPLAY AND EXHIBIT SPACE | DETAILS (Closed. All available space has been requested and assigned.)
DELEGATE BAG MATERIALS | DETAILS (Deadline to submit has passed.)
RESOLUTIONS AND PETITIONS | DETAILS (Deadline to submit has passed.)
YOUNG PEOPLE'S ADDRESS | DETAILS (Deadline to submit has passed.)
DENMAN EVANGELISM AWARDS | DETAILS (Deadline to nominate has passed.)
AV MEDIA REQUIREMENTS and DEADLINES FOR APPROVED PRESENTERS (Deadline to submit has passed.)
- These are being communicated to approved presenters.
- X Deadline to submit AV media is June 6.
- More information: Robbin McCoy | email@example.com | 731-664-8480.
- XApril 1 is deadline for leaders of boards, committees, agencies and related institutions to submit reports for pre-conference briefing materials | DETAILS
- XApril 15 is deadline for submissions for 'Young People's Address' | DETAILS
- XApril 15 is deadline for nominations for Denman Evangelism Award | DETAILS
- XApril 30 is deadline to submit online form to request display & exhibit space | DETAILS (Closed early on April 14 after all available space was requested and assigned.)
- XMay 19 is deadline to submit resolutions and petitions | DETAILS
- XMay 23 is deadline to submit materials for delegate bags | DETAILS
- XThrough May 29 are various deadlines (each hotel is different) for special hotel rates | DETAILS
- XMay 30 is deadline to request language translation services | DETAILS
- XJune 5 is deadline to sign up for children's activities (nursery and kids' camp) | DETAILS
- XJune 6 is deadline for all clergy and laity delegates to register (including delegates who might not attend) | DETAILS
- XJune 6 is deadline for clergy spouses to make reservation and payment for June 21 clergy spouse luncheon | DETAILS (deadline extended to June 12)
- XJune 6 is deadline for AV media to be submitted by approved presenters | firstname.lastname@example.org
- XJune 15 is deadline for retirees to accept invitation for June 20 retiree luncheon | DETAILS
- XJune 15 is deadline for reservations for June 20 Educational Opportunities Tours dinner | DETAILS
10 a.m. to Noon - Memphis Conference office, 24 Corporate Blvd., Jackson, TN, 731-664-8480
- XDec .10, 2016
- XJan. 14, 2016
- XFeb. 11, 2016
- XMarch 10, 2016
- XApril 14, 2016
- XMay 26, 2016
eNews | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
2015 MEMPHIS CONFERENCE JOURNAL