DISASTER RELIEF MINISTRY
Disasters come in many forms.
Mostly they are weather disasters: loss, damage and evacuations due to high winds, tornadoes, floods, fires, earthquakes and more. Sometimes they are human-caused disasters.
The Memphis Conference volunteer disaster relief ministry stands ready to assist when and where help is needed – inside its borders (West Tennessee and Western Kentucky) and outside its borders when and where possible.
In the event of any disaster, take care of yourselves and neighbors first and then work out from there.
Volunteer your time, materials, equipment and money if you are able.
The Memphis Conference has volunteer emergency response teams available to assist.
To report damage and needs OR to volunteer time, equipment, materials or money, call the Memphis Conference Connectional Ministries office at 731-664-8480.
MEMPHIS CONFERENCE DISASTER RELIEF TEAM
- Director of Memphis Conference Connectional Ministries - Rev. Dr. Joe Geary firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair of Memphis Conference Disaster Relief Committee - Elyse Bell email@example.com
- Memphis Conference Disaster Relief Coordinator - Rev. Robert Craig firstname.lastname@example.org
- Metro District Disaster Relief Co-Coordinators - Nigel Bowen NGB1@yahoo.com AND Terry Renoux email@example.com
- Mississippi River District Disaster Relief Co-Coordinators - Dee & Sherry Gibson firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com AND Chris & Lisa Smithey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tennessee River District Disaster Relief Coordinator - Frank Hartman email@example.com
- Purchase District Disaster Relief Coordinator - Brad Colson firstname.lastname@example.org
United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), a ministry of The United Methodist Church, is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to alleviating human suffering around the globe. UMCOR's work reaches people in more than 80 countries, including the United States. It provides humanitarian relief when war, conflict or natural disaster disrupt life to such an extent that communities are unable to recover on their own.
UMCOR's goal is to assist the most vulnerable persons affected by crisis or chronic need without regard to their race, religion, gender or sexual orientation. United Methodists believe all people have God-given worth and dignity.
Learn more about UMCOR at www.umcor.org.
For instructions about assembling relief-supply kits for UMCOR, visit www.umcor.org/UMCOR/Relief-Supplies.
To donate to UMCOR or one of its many relief projects around the world:
- Place a contribution in the offering plate at a local United Methodist Church.
- Send a check to UMCOR, PO Box 9068, New York, NY 10087-9068.
- Call 1 800 554 8583 where credit card donations are accepted.
- Donate online at www.umcor.org by clicking any of the "DONATE" links.
- Make a $10 donation any time by texting "UMCOR" to 41444.
UMCOR is exempt from tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of the United States and qualifies for the maximum charitable contribution deduction by donors.
PRAY for those who are hungry, displaced, sick, or in poverty because of these and other natural and human-made disasters, and for the workers who minister with them.