Slots for 2016-17 Academy are filled.
- Licensed local pastors, part- and full-time, whether or not they have completed Course of Study school
- Supply pastors
- Lay persons appointed to local churches as pastors
- Certified lay ministers or lay servants appointed to local churches as pastors
- Clergy Coaching Network
- Connectional Ministries Team of the Memphis Conference
- Memphis Conference (West TN and Western KY) of The United Methodist Church
- Turner Center for Church Leadership at Martin Methodist College
SEVEN SATURDAY MORNING PRESENTATIONS 2016-17, 9 a.m. to Noon, except the March 11 session
- Sept. 10, 2016: Milan First UMC, 2000 Jones Blvd., Milan, TN ~ "Managing the Multiple Demands of Pastoral Ministry" with Rev. Max Mayo
- Oct. 8, 2016: Milan First UMC, 2000 Jones Blvd., Milan, TN ~ "Preaching: Crafting an Engaging Sermon Week after Week" with Rev. Jeff Rudy
- Nov. 19, 2016: Forest Heights UMC, 863 West Forest Avenue, Jackson, TN ~ "Conflict Management and Emotional Intelligence" with Dr. Harry Durbin and Don Hutson
- Jan. 7, 2017: RESCHEDULED due to weather/road conditions
- Feb. 11, 2017: Milan First UMC, 2000 Jones Blvd., Milan, TN ~ "Leading the Local Church into the Community Mission Field" with Rev. James Luvene
- Mar. 11, 2017: Milan First UMC, 2000 Jones Blvd., Milan, TN (Today's session runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- "Ordering the Life of the Local Church" with Dr. Joe Geary, Rev. LaTricia Trull and Elyse Bell
- "Pastoral Care: When and How to Refer & Conducting Weddings and Funerals" with Janean Tinsley and Rev. Dean Emerson
- Apr. 29, 2017: Milan First UMC, 2000 Jones Blvd., Milan, TN ~ "Vision: Shaping Vision, Leading from Vision, An Annual Ministry Plan Built Around Vision" with Rev. David Atkinson
I would like to encourage local pastors to earnestly consider attending the Second Annual Academy of Leadership & Coaching for local pastors.This opportunity is designed with great intention specifically for us. Each session will cover topics relevant to our pastoral needs in our pastoral settings. Please do not delay in registering as space is limited to the first 15 participants. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please feel free to call me at 731-363-1319. ~ LaTricia Trull, Chair of Memphis Conference, Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members
GROUP COACHING SESSIONS
Provided by Jim Robey with Attentional Growth, Inc.
INDIVIDUAL COACHING SESSIONS
Provided by Rev. Rick Kirchoff with Clergy Coaching Network
- $300 per participant.
- $50 nonrefundable registration fee holds place.
- Full fee must be paid by Sept. 10.
- Fee may come from personal, church or district funds.
REGISTRATION and PAYMENT - Registration is full. No more slots are available.
MORE INFO OR QUESTIONS:
- Dr. Joe Geary: 731-664-8480 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev. Rick Kirchoff: 901-619-2907 ~ email@example.com
- Dr. Ed Trimmer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev. LaTricia Trull: 731-363-1319 ~ email@example.com